Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

American citizen college student married to illegal immigrant, treated like criminal in USA, emotionally tormented, catch flack from relatives, taxpaying illegal immigrant

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,206 times

Advertisements

hi in new at the website i looked at some of the immigrations comments. i am currently going to college full time. i dont work to be able to keep up
also im married to a wonderful man, we just got married this year, but he is illegal. i have known him for four years. he has helped me in so many ways. right know he is working full time so i have time to go to college and be able to have more time to study. he has never been arrested or caused any trouble. he helped me through me parents divorce emotionally and through family losses.He pays his taxes even though he dosent receive anything in return. is it fair for me? for the man i love to be judge like if he were some sort crimminal??? is it fair for me to have to move and have to quit school so we can look for another source of income?? just because the man i love is illegal!! I am a american citizen and i do not deserve to be emotionally tormented to think that they can take him away at any time!
how would you feel if the person you loved trully was taken away from you...........

Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
this tread may be pulled but in the mean while, what do you mean he pays taxes but doesn't reap any benefits? I am not going to comment any further on the subject.

Nita

Old 06-23-2007, 09:27 AM

152 posts, read 370,281 times
I thought the same thing but didn't post. If this person thinks they are not reaping any benefits they need to go back to third grade civics class.

A little refresher in writing and use of English wouldn't hurt...

Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 AM

533 posts, read 1,711,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymc View Post
... but he is illegal. ... for the man i love to be judge like if he were some sort crimminal???
Really puts me at a loss for words.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:43 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Yup, everyone is right~this thread cannot in a state forum according to the rules.

I'm a bit confused by the comment, "He is an illegal" and why should he be treated as a crimnal. If you check the dictionary, it can give you an idea of what the word "ILLEGAL" means.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:51 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
Really puts me at a loss for words.
That about sums it up nicely. Illegal = criminal

Old 06-23-2007, 12:55 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
He's breaking the law being an Illegal. Just because you married him, doesn't make him an exception. AN an illegal is a criminal.

Also to add, I"m wondering if this poster is a troll

Old 06-23-2007, 01:09 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
I think she is a troll and has posted this before.......

Old 06-23-2007, 03:53 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymc View Post
hi in new at the website i looked at some of the immigrations comments. i am currently going to college full time. i dont work to be able to keep up
also im married to a wonderful man, we just got married this year, but he is illegal. i have known him for four years. he has helped me in so many ways. right know he is working full time so i have time to go to college and be able to have more time to study. he has never been arrested or caused any trouble. he helped me through me parents divorce emotionally and through family losses.He pays his taxes even though he dosent receive anything in return. is it fair for me? for the man i love to be judge like if he were some sort crimminal??? is it fair for me to have to move and have to quit school so we can look for another source of income?? just because the man i love is illegal!! I am a american citizen and i do not deserve to be emotionally tormented to think that they can take him away at any time!
how would you feel if the person you loved trully was taken away from you...........
You need to understand that your boyfriend IS a criminal. And, just like any other criminal, yes, he could be taken away from you. Due process of the law. It's a choice YOU have made, which means you are getting what you deserve.
If he is paying taxes is it because he is using a fake Social Security number? And you don't have a problem with that?
He is breaking the law by being here.
He is breaking the law driving without a license.
He is breaking the law by driving without insurance.
His employer is breaking the law by giving him a job, unless of course your boyfriend is using fake documentation, then the crime is back on your boyfriend.
It's not like you have to lose him. You are free to move to Mexico with him when he gets deported.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,012 times
What part of Illegal do you not understand???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.