Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,161 times

Advertisements

Did you know that US citizens need to apply visa to enter some "advanced countries" while citizens of those countries don't need visa to enter U.S.? Why is U.S. treated as a second-world-class country?

Because while all the other "advanced western countries" are deporting illegal immigrants and ensuring their countries are full of people of "good charactor", U.S.A. allows dishonest smarties to make their fortune and fulfill their "American dreams". This way the world "downgraded" USA. Some Americans are just so confused about what is right and what is wrong. All they want is money and a more comfortable lifestyle, even means a disgraceful shortcut path. They seem to have the same value like those illegal immigrants.

How about well-being? Where is fairness and justice? What is right and wrong? Doesn't U.S. still want to be the world leader? For that we need to be a good example. Now, look how the world see us.

Please look at the fact, see how massy U.S. is: Everyday there are countless visa applications submitted using fake personal documents obtained from foreign countries by bribing local government officials. U.S. Immigration has no sufficient fund to hire enough officers to do the verification (they can only look at what is submitted, and you know, fake qualification and work experience always looks better).

So, if one's application is denied, he/she can always apply again, as another person, from another state, submit to another U.S. Consulate, until he/she gets the visa. (They laugh at US immigration, thinking "Americans are so stupid, they believe whatever they are told").

Next step is to graduate from some really good school (using all methods, you know what), and marry a US citizen (caucasian), have children, pay tax, make friends with the rich and powerful, send children to best private school, charity...who's going to suspect them? They are immediately middle class striving to become the wealthy one. You know, in this country, you are encouraged to climb to the top, from nothing, with no proper family education (including moral standard).

Lawyers will tell you that "by law, they can still be deported because they used fake documents". In reality, ICE officer will tell you that it can be very difficult to prosecute them, "due to US immigration law". Trust me, there are many many "elite US citizens" like this out there in this country. They are regarded as the "rich and successful" - the role model of our society.

You think these bold immigrants are going to be law-abiding and do everything to benefit America at large during their gold-digging advanture in US? You wish! They study every single pitfall of our legislations, and use them for their own benefits. Many of them make big money quick by taking advantage of trusting Americans, send the profit to their own parents and relatives in overseas (co-operate with their government to lobby White House). They use their innocent spouse to do the dirty work, teach their children how to "succeed in U.S.", send them to the best universities, make friends with the rich and powerful, teaching the society "American dream is all about wealth and success" (not through decent acts), convicting Americans that "law is nothing but humanity" (they use law to rip off others), and ENSURE U.S. law will protect illegal immigrants!!!

While all these had been taken place for decades, the vast majority of Americans still think illegal immigrants are just some poor and uneducated mum and dad from the third world, filling up low-paid job vacancies in which local are not interested.

Now, U.S. government cannot catch any minor criminals who flee to another state who changed their names and obtain a new drivers' license. U.S. does not have a nationwide healthcare system to verify legal immigrants and criminals, like other countries. US Immigration occassionly release all illegal immigrants of large number in US, simply because government do not have enough fund to feed them 3 meals a day plus the transport cost back to their own countries.

Last edited by jiabaoyu; 10-18-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiabaoyu View Post
Did you know that US citizens need to apply visa to enter some "advanced countries" while citizens of those countries don't need visa to enter U.S.? Why is U.S. treated as a second-world-class country?
It isn't. Some countries just have very different ideas about border controls than we do. It's been that way for centuries. This is not a new situation, therefore I can't accept your premise. And I see no references or other factual evidence offered for anything you presented.

I see you are a brand new member. You might help your case with less unsupported opinion and more facts. Just a suggestion.

Quote:
Now, U.S. government cannot catch any minor criminals who flee to another state who changed their names and obtain a new drivers' license.
Are you from the US? If not, you might not easily understand why the American concept of personal freedom has long taken precedence over any attempt to institute a national ID card.

Instead each state has their own system, and they are not 100% compatible, nor have they even communicated very well in the past. Due to terrorist concerns, Homeland Security has recently instituted changes designed to make it very hard for people to obtain Driver's Licenses under false names, or multiple IDs under the same name... and even that much coordination between the states is a concern to many Americans. Our traditional perspective is that centralized records can be used by tyrants to compromise personal freedoms, so we resist. Look at what happened to the Dutch during WWII. They kept meticulous records, and the Nazis found them very useful for rounding up people they wanted to eliminate. That will never be allowed to become possible here.

Quote:
U.S. does not have a nationwide healthcare system to verify legal immigrants and criminals, like other countries.
And it probably never will, at least not in any way you might be thinking of. In the US healthcare records and IDs are not used for general identification purposes because of personal privacy concerns. Even Social Security numbers are not supposed to be used for half the things they already are.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
To other posters:

This is likely a person hired by the Chinese (PRC) government to spread propaganda. You can deduce this from the following facts:

1. Name: Jia Bao Yu
2. Lack of use of "the" in appropriate places in sentences.
3. Initial note that US citizens require visas (China is one of the few countries that require this, and they do so simply for propaganda purposes.) from "advanced" countries.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
To other posters:

This is likely a person hired by the Chinese (PRC) government to spread propaganda. You can deduce this from the following facts:

1. Name: Jia Bao Yu
2. Lack of use of "the" in appropriate places in sentences.
3. Initial note that US citizens require visas (China is one of the few countries that require this, and they do so simply for propaganda purposes.) from "advanced" countries.
Yeah it was a strange response. The easy answer is that visa arrangement between countries are usually reciprical - if one country does it, the other one does. But we are talking "visitors" (business, tourism, or temporary work) not "immigration" - so why it's brought up in this forum is questionable.

Lets see, I needed a visa for China, for India, for Brazil, and a few other backwater spots - we require the same of visitors for those countries. Recipricol agreements.

I wouldn't be suprised if the poster is a government shill. I was in China in Feb (goiing again next month) and for one thing the CityData forum was on the government block list (the Great Firewall of China), so how is he getting access?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Lets see, I needed a visa for China, for India, for Brazil, and a few other backwater spots - we require the same of visitors for those countries. Recipricol agreements.
Backwaters?

I needed a short-stay visa for France. It was also good for the following countries:

Quote:
A Schengen visa (or short stay visa) is valid within the whole Schengen space. The following states are part of the Schengen area : Austria, Belgium, Czeck Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

This visa allows you to visit these 26 countries. It is issued for a maximum of 90 days per semester.
Short stay visa (Schengen visa) - Consulat Général de France à Washington

I have a friend who is a flight attendant who regularly flies between Boston and Paris. Even though she resides in Massachusetts, and only turns around in Paris she has to have a valid work visa for France, which she has to renew, IIRC, every 6 months.

And now she's planning to retire, and she and her husband have bought a little place in the south of France and they're both having to apply for resident-visas to spend part of the year there.

Also, I flew into Toronto once to do a couple of days work at the Toronto office of a company I was doing work for at their HQ in NY, and I nearly got turned back by Canadian Immigration Control because I did not have a work visa.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 PM

D, you don't need a visa for the Euro Zone unless you are not a US citizen. You can go on your passport alone, unless you intend to work or conduct business. I know of Green Card holders who need to get Schengen Visas to tour Europe, but citizens just need a passport.

China is a interesting place, but the government is seriously scary. I was there for quite a while and one thing I did not do was blog, talk, or text anything even remotely critical about The Party. I waited until I was in Taiwan (and later back in the USA) to do that.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Also .... US citizens do not require a visa for the UK. But British citizens need to apply online for an ESTA to visit the USA and pay for the privilege.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Backwaters?

I needed a short-stay visa for France. It was also good for the following countries:

Short stay visa (Schengen visa) - Consulat Général de France à Washington

I have a friend who is a flight attendant who regularly flies between Boston and Paris. Even though she resides in Massachusetts, and only turns around in Paris she has to have a valid work visa for France, which she has to renew, IIRC, every 6 months.

And now she's planning to retire, and she and her husband have bought a little place in the south of France and they're both having to apply for resident-visas to spend part of the year there.

Also, I flew into Toronto once to do a couple of days work at the Toronto office of a company I was doing work for at their HQ in NY, and I nearly got turned back by Canadian Immigration Control because I did not have a work visa.
That's strange. I fly to Europe several times a year for work do not need a visa. Long term visas may be a bit different.
I have funny story about Mexico however - years ago I would go down to El Paso and my team would cross over into Ciudad Juarez to have meetings, etc at our Mexican plants. We would have to stop at the mexican border crossing to get a work visa stamp, even for a quick meeting at the plant. The Mexican customs authorities however once showed up to do some checks (when I wasn't there) and one of my American co-workers did not have a stamp - she was deported! - driven to the border crossing and dropped off.

Edit - The visa you are talking about is not needed for US citizens unless they stay over 90 days - it might be cummalitive over a given period of time, maybe that's why your flight attendant needs it if she, for instance, does a 3 times a week trip to France. Or your friend is not a US citizen.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-19-2012 at 02:28 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
China is a interesting place, but the government is seriously scary. I was there for quite a while and one thing I did not do was blog, talk, or text anything even remotely critical about The Party. I waited until I was in Taiwan (and later back in the USA) to do that.
I posted about my experiences in China in the travel forum (before I became a self imposed exile from that forum due to difficulties with the level of moderation in that forum) months ago - needless to say, do not expect ANY aspect of privacy when you visit PRC as a business person or, I assume, a tourist. You can't take a sh*t without the government making note of it somewhere in their database.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Yep, Dd. We noticed that the moment we crossed the "Friendship Border" with (relatively) free-wheeling Vietnam. We actually were near an uprising while we were there. It's amazing how people react; they simply clam up and don't say a word. They're not scared of rioters or fires, etc. What they are afraid of is the government. It is emphatically NOT a stable situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration