Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,745 times

Advertisements

has anyone on h1b experienced an audit from DOL with regard to the labor certification application en route to GC application? how was it like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 04:07 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
I didn't but I do know its fairly common, a fair number get pulled randomly, the reason being the electronic application of the PERM does not include any backup documentation. It's likely nothing to be worried about but the real downer is it will delay certification for quite some time.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
I didn't but I do know its fairly common, a fair number get pulled randomly, the reason being the electronic application of the PERM does not include any backup documentation. It's likely nothing to be worried about but the real downer is it will delay certification for quite some time.

the delay is what im worrying about. how long does getting the labor cert approved usually take?

Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM

There's no good answer for that and the audit just adds another element of the unknown. If your lawyer screwed something up you could be in for a long ride. But thats just being pessimistic. The Texas office was clearing them in 2 - 3 months sans audit last year. You can gauge your time by comparing it to others with a similar applicant profile here:

PERM Tracker

I found it very helpful.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
There's no good answer for that and the audit just adds another element of the unknown. If your lawyer screwed something up you could be in for a long ride. But thats just being pessimistic. The Texas office was clearing them in 2 - 3 months sans audit last year. You can gauge your time by comparing it to others with a similar applicant profile here:

PERM Tracker

I found it very helpful.
thanks for the link. how do you use that tracker by the way?

Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 AM

You have to sign up to use the database functions like the simple column sort or the advanced reports. It's free and they don't spam you. You can track cases like yours and they email alerts to you when the details are modified.

Be sure to add your own case, everyone benefits from more and better information.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
You have to sign up to use the database functions like the simple column sort or the advanced reports. It's free and they don't spam you. You can track cases like yours and they email alerts to you when the details are modified.

Be sure to add your own case, everyone benefits from more and better information.

how do you add your own case? do you have to use certain application numbers for the site to track? and who modifies the details?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 AM

Top left of page, click 'sign up', "add my case' is right beside it. You modify the details as things change on yuour case. There's an I-145 tracker too.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,642 times
My husband is in the same situation. I think the current wait time is around 5 months. They appear to be dealing with audits from Dec 2012- or they were last time the attorney updated us.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM

59 posts, read 113,117 times
PERM audits are happening all the time unfortunately. They are a consequence of the poor design of the electronic PERM system and it was an issue that was publicly indicated to DOL before it set up the PERM system in 2007.

Here in the southwest, it is taking 4-5 months for DOL to review PERM audit responses. Lately, I've noticed that many audits include requirements for notarized statements about the payment of PERM fees and costs (by regulation, these have to be borne by the employer), suggesting that there may be some issues where many employers are requesting that these costs be reimbursed by the employee (against the regulations).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration