Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:03 AM

13 posts, read 10,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
They asked if they were entitled to a $10,000 tax return (I assume you meant refund) ... after being in the country for 2 months (and never having paid any taxes):

So forgive me if I think that qualifies as them asking about "free money."

You also asked if the disabled daughter (who will never be able to work?!!) was entitled to $10,000 in "free money":

You seriously STILL cannot see why some of us who pay thousands and thousands of dollars in taxes every year were a little put off by these questions?

As I wrote in my 2nd post a few days ago, I hope their business does well ... but please don't call it "immigrant bashing" when some of us found your opening post in this thread problematic.
I really don't want to drag this anymore, but if it is legal and already in the system, then I inquired in regarding of the information from this board. If it is in the system, then millions of people are getting it. The system needs to be changed and to be blamed not people. If gov is offering free money - yes you are paying hard earned tax, I pay too as a single person and I see how frustrating it is that others on dole on my money having family and I am working hard for them.

In any case, as I said it was for information and inquiry and no one can stop anyone if it is there and people need to stop taking their disappointments on them especially when the elected government set it up in the 1st place.

And lastly, it doesn't matter how long they been into this country, they are as legal as you and others are. If the gov is fine with it, then change the system instead of blaming them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 06:18 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd23 View Post
Its not Adjustment of Status. Its financial guarantor before anyone is made immigrant.

Affidavit of Support https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...Documents.html
Ashes on my head! The same applies to Affidavit of Support. US sponsor is not required.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 PM

20 posts, read 32,277 times
Go on please, I am getting some popcorn and soda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration