Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 99,606 times

Advertisements

HI,i got married 3 years ago, we had our first interview and it went very well i received a stamp on my passport, so i sent the requast to remove the conditional status for a 10 year GC so i have received an interview appoitment in nyc for the 10yr green card. Do they call everyone for an appoitment? what will happen will they separet us? do i need to bring all the documents? we don't have a joint account becuase the last time we had one we received a lean on it,pl my husband have an old debt. same to taxes we do't file together becuase any refund will get will go to his IRS debt. what should we do to prepare ourselves? why did they called us for this interview? please help.

Read more: [URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/legal-immigration/884400-greencard-interview.html#ixzz0mDwfa7i8[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRAHAIM1 View Post
HI,i got married 3 years ago, we had our first interview and it went very well i received a stamp on my passport, so i sent the requast to remove the conditional status for a 10 year GC so i have received an interview appoitment in nyc for the 10yr green card. Do they call everyone for an appoitment? what will happen will they separet us? do i need to bring all the documents? we don't have a joint account becuase the last time we had one we received a lean on it,pl my husband have an old debt. same to taxes we do't file together becuase any refund will get will go to his IRS debt. what should we do to prepare ourselves? why did they called us for this interview? please help.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/legal...#ixzz0mDwfa7i8
So you want help to scam the IRS?

That is also our tax payers money you try to avoid to pay back....

Of course they will separate you and ask both of you questions to see if you are honest or not and they will ask proof of you both living together...

Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM

43,630 posts, read 44,355,249 times
They will ask you for proof that you both living together such as joint tax return or other documents.
BTW, a joint bank account doesn't prove that people are living together and wouldn't help you even if you had one.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 99,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So you want help to scam the IRS?

That is also our tax payers money you try to avoid to pay back....

Of course they will separate you and ask both of you questions to see if you are honest or not and they will ask proof of you both living together...

i think you didn't understand me, we bouth filed for taxes but saparatly, and filing saparet actualy cost us more becuase we don't get credits as filing together, this was actualy advised by our accountent.
i'm not scaming the IRS, every married couple can choose how to file.
we did it becuase my husband owe the irs $4000, and every refund we got at the past went to this amount owed. so this time our financial situation wasn't that good so the $400 i got as a refund helped us pay the bills. if we would file togther so ALL goes to the IRS.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,061,372 times
A interview for the removal of conditions is not normal. You should consult with an immigration lawyer (but don't retain one just yet) to understand what might be wrong with your application that you are raising flags and having to go through additional screening. USCIS may be building a case against you and your wife. You should prepare yourselves for additional trouble.

Hopefully the interview is the end of it. Be prepared for an aggressive fraud interview, though. They might be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. Expect to be separated from your wife and asked a series of personal questions to see if your answers match up.

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,817 times
Yep. an interview is bad.

usually they send request for more information (aka the proving pack you need to prepare to show them all is as claimed)

For them to basically jump straight to an interview is a big red flag; they aready know something that will equal a denial but want to hear your story first before placing the red stamp.

Good luck

ps. if they sent the request for extra info and you didnt turn it in or it wasn't sufficiently large, then an interview is normal and you shouldn't panic

Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 49,662 times
I am going to apply for a 10 years green card. Just a quick question for whoever which had went through this before: Is there usually an interview with the officer for the 10 years green card application? We went to the interview when I was applying for the Conditional Green Card. Any answer is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 46,781 times
can i go for a drivers license but i only have my receipt for the I 485 appliction in ny

Old 06-27-2011, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 61,070 times
Not all interviews are fraud. They choose people at random for 10 year green card interviews.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamido52003 View Post
can i go for a drivers license but i only have my receipt for the I 485 appliction in ny
Are you a legal citizen of this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration