Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:32 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,836,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
When they get in crime of all kinds goes up welfare goes up and they turn a once nice area into a dirty ghetto.
You seem to be very well informed about legal immigration. I am one of "they".

Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,961,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
sounds like Palmdale, So happy that we moved out of California.

Congrats on leaving this sheeithole state. We're out next spring.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:48 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,378,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Most of our legal immigrants are from Third World Countries. They bring in a culture of corruption, kick backs and bribery from their old countries. I wonder if all the new immigrants are adding to societies ills.......... but of course no one can talk about it due to political correctness.
Oh, so it is because the country is corrupt, the people are automatically corrupt as well?

What a hasty generalization.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:51 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,242 times
The US violent crime rate has been going down while at the same time more immigrants come, so it just sounds like Mike is full of BS. Let's see if he can back it up with some data.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:54 PM

405 posts, read 257,162 times
The fact is that the bigger the problem a country has with crime and violence, the more violent criminals there are in that country. Obviously! When thousands flee their own country because of crime, the criminals don't say "you guys go ahead, we'll stay here where the pickings are slim" No, they don't. Gang members outnumber the police in LA and a large number are immigrants and the children of immigrants. The children of hard working immigrants are not content to do menial labor when the US is a wonderland of opportunity for criminals - and that goes for legal and illegal. When 27% of people in federal prisons are immigrants that will tell you something.

I am an immigrant, myself, and my family went through extensive background and medical screening. Those things are very important.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:29 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Most of our legal immigrants are from Third World Countries. They bring in a culture of corruption, kick backs and bribery from their old countries. I wonder if all the new immigrants are adding to societies ills.......... but of course no one can talk about it due to political correctness.
That's what I always thought. Lying and cheating is a way of life. I remember back in college in the 70s, foreign students could not believe our driver licenses had no pictures on them. The implication was they could cheat in so many ways. Nothing was based on trust and honesty where they came from. Even now my antenna goes up when I go to an electronics store in NYC and I hear heavy accents from behind the counter.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
The US violent crime rate has been going down while at the same time more immigrants come, so it just sounds like Mike is full of BS. Let's see if he can back it up with some data.
You're probably the same one who says illegals are declining so nothing to see. In the mean time, we got 5000 troops camped outside the border. Their first assault was repelled but they are regrouping for a second try.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:15 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,925,857 times
What are you guys talking about? Statistics show that Asian-Americans (including Indian-Americans) are the lowest-crime demographic, and tied with Jews, the most well-educated demographic in America. The last time I checked, India, Vietnam, and to some extent China, are Third World countries. What a racist post.

You might also want to remember that the countries that white Americans originated from - Ireland, France, Germany, etc. were kind of Third World back in the day. Don't be a hypocrite.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:22 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,925,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Even now my antenna goes up when I go to an electronics store in NYC and I hear heavy accents from behind the counter.
I bet their antennae go up too when they hear your thick American accent. An accent has no correlation with fluency in English.

I should also add that unless one immigrates here at a very young age (15 or less), people never really lose their foreign accents. Those people behind the counter may very well be US citizens. Some of them were probably already US citizens before today's 25-year-olds were in diapers. Don't ever assume somebody's citizenship status based on their accent or appearance.

Last edited by arctic_gardener; 12-07-2018 at 10:39 PM..

Old 12-08-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I bet their antennae go up too when they hear your thick American accent. An accent has no correlation with fluency in English.

I should also add that unless one immigrates here at a very young age (15 or less), people never really lose their foreign accents. Those people behind the counter may very well be US citizens. Some of them were probably already US citizens before today's 25-year-olds were in diapers. Don't ever assume somebody's citizenship status based on their accent or appearance.
I never said a heavy accent means noncitizen. Heavy accent does mean foreign born and raised. You can deny it all you want but people raised in thirld world cultures are a different breed. Nothing against them. That's how you survive but many bring over the same habits and practices. Haggling over prices is a distinctly third world practice, something that used to be practiced only at used car lots here. Oh, try to return a camera to one of those New York stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration