Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 01:01 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Most of our legal immigrants are from Third World Countries. They bring in a culture of corruption, kick backs and bribery from their old countries. I wonder if all the new immigrants are adding to societies ills.......... but of course no one can talk about it due to political correctness.
The real question is:

Are anonymous internet trolls breeding more dissension in America?

And the answer is unfortunately... yes.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:30 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Most of our legal immigrants are from Third World Countries. They bring in a culture of corruption, kick backs and bribery from their old countries. I wonder if all the new immigrants are adding to societies ills.......... but of course no one can talk about it due to political correctness.
I can only speak for Mexican immigrants but what many Americans call corruption and bribery are not always seen as corruption down there where so much poverty exists. Here in Texas where European culture and Mexican cultures have been mixed since before the days of the Republic, we are sort of used to it but I would suggest it will be an eye-opening experience in many parts of the U.S. as more of the Hispanic culture spreads north.

I once told my co-workers in the mid-Atlantic region that I was returning to the Southwest "where only a large chain and a big padlock indicates ownership." Unfortunately, even that doesn't stop your trailer or even your vehicle from disappearing, many times back across the border.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:37 AM

535 posts, read 343,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nonsense. I live in CA and the only large-scale corruption I've encountered is from true-blue proper Americans with old money. No lack of that, though.
What city do you live in? I live in a poorer, suburb of Los Angeles. Plenty of crime here from all around the globe, including the U.S. Difficult to move when your property taxes are stabilized because of Prop 13.

The new Governor is going to be worse than the old one. The immigrants are draining our benefits, and the early releases from jail do not help either. The homeless are everywhere, and they bring crime and disease as well. The state has closed most mental hospitals and many of these people are living on the streets of our neighborhoods. The police can't do anything because so many have "rights." If someone comes in your home, yes, you can detain the idiots because you have the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, if they only took $900.00 or less worth of goods and/or money from you, they are written up at the station and released the same day. Misdemeanor. Frustrating to live here.

The immigrants and homeless are drawn to our state because of the far liberal politics, leadership, and beautiful weather. They get free everything, including giving birth for free at a fine California hospital. One of the most beautiful hospitals to give birth is one in Newport Beach, Ca. Imagine being an immigrant, getting to give birth to your family's "anchor" baby, at such a beautiful and good hospital and it is all FREE. They taxpayers like you and me foot the bill. They go back to their country and enjoy their life here when they can and want. They just wait until their 5 years of being a green card holder is over, then they apply for citizenship. All the while qualifying for free stuff. They can lie because the government DOES NOT check.

Trump has recently said that if immigrants lie and get free benefits, the USICIS will investigate and there is a chance that they may never qualify for citizenship. AMEN. Moreover, if they EVER lied to the U.S. government or an immigration officer, they will be candidates for possible deportation. Finally.

Wake up, America. These immigrants rarely brag about what they get for free, but inside they are probably laughing at how stupid our liberal government is.

California used to be a beautiful state. It still is, but is going downhill. Amazingly, the young voters love the Democrats! They keep voting for the same liberal people. Tax Tax Tax. Crime Crime Crime. Welfare Welfare Welfare. The mentally ill, the homeless. That is how California has changed in the last 20 years.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I never said a heavy accent means noncitizen. Heavy accent does mean foreign born and raised. You can deny it all you want but people raised in thirld world cultures are a different breed. Nothing against them. That's how you survive but many bring over the same habits and practices. Haggling over prices is a distinctly third world practice, something that used to be practiced only at used car lots here. Oh, try to return a camera to one of those New York stores.

Agreed that people born and brought up in other countries have a different Retail Market/shopping experience including price haggling.

It is common to negotiate price of Fish, vegetables and even Taxi / Cab fare in so called third world countries.

On the other hand, they hardly re-negotiate or bargain during new Car Purchase which Americans do.

If I need to visit an immigrant owned kiosk inside shopping mall to replace battery in my wrist-watch - I always negotiate the price to bring it down. But I will not do that in any American owned shop- I would walk away in search for a better offer.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 AM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Immigrants coming in from corrupt countries are for the most part contained by our rule of law. Many of them also operate via prescribed notions to “behave” or the white boss man will kick you out and/or shame their ethnic group to the level of blacks. Having money in the bank is another sobering element.

But just look at super heavy immigrant California and how wide left white liberals can have ironclad control of the state. Seems odd due to many immigrants coming from culturally conservative societies right? Well they do it by scaring these fresh immigrant communities. These communities also believe that these white liberals have magical powers, keeping society in order. On the other end of the coin are white conservatives being utilized by corporate conservatives to cement their power and interests. While this arrangement allows for the rule of law to prevail, once crazy white liberals and greedy maniac conservatives fade in the next generation, we will be gambling on the hope that consumerism will keep us in check and willing to die for our “country”. A country btw, that won’t be that much more plush than the rest of the world. Recipe for disaster.

The trajectory however does not bode well. The country is getting so immigrant heavy, that any pressure to assimilate and behave is diminished. It is also very important to realize that immigrants from corrupt cultures would actually prefer NOT to change at all, as long as they get the perks of income security and stable infrastructure.

Prior waves of immigrants did NOT have these advantages AND they assimilated within two generations. A sacrifice was made and they became solidly entrenched into “America”. A united multicultural nation state is an oxymoron.

Sociology 101 can easily explain how humans organize themselves and what we need from each level of society. Cultures just happen to commonly and inconveniently align with skin color. Racism is bad, immigrants are associated with race and therefore any actions detrimental to their wants and desires must be racist. I honestly believe if we were getting waves of Egyptian looking Canadians, the pushback would be a quarter as such.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 06-12-2019 at 10:35 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 05:12 AM

827 posts, read 660,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nonsense. I live in CA and the only large-scale corruption I've encountered is from true-blue proper Americans with old money. No lack of that, though.
Not true and you know it! We all know where the large majority of violent crime comes from.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Not true and you know it! We all know where the large majority of violent crime comes from.
Poor people. Anywhere in the world, “poor people”. Crime = people no money. Rich people with money = no crime. Interestingly enough, rich people still do some crime. Segregate all those poor people into urban slums = above average crime rate, even for poor. Police them with bias = crimes against humanity.

And poor people must be lazy, which is why we have to have actual laws that demand an impoverishment level federal minimum wage of $7.25/hr and bans on child labor.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 06-13-2019 at 09:26 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 01:54 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Our refugee population certainly seem to be bringing more than their fair share of crime with them. Those from Somalia especially. There have been immigration fraud cases from Arizona to Maine.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-az/pr/t...igration-fraud

https://mainefirstmedia.com/2018/09/...ng-into-maine/

The Problems With Somali Immigrants: Asylum Fraud, Juvenile Crime, Honor Crimes, Illegal Money Transfers and Islamism - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

https://www.theamericanconservative....-welfare-hunt/

At least 300 American muslims have tried, (and some succeeded) to join ISIS.
https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...eturned-to-u-s

Somali gangs are heavily involved in sex trafficking.
Somali gangs move into sex trafficking, fraud - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/...ies-of-delays/

Then there's the "refugee" who stole almost two million dollars in a food stamp scam in Iowa.
https://100percentfedup.com/iowa-som...understanding/

And a massive somali daycare scam in Minnesota, with the theft of up to $100 million, much of it taken to somalia to fund terrorism. https://alphanewsmn.com/somali-dayca...l-correctness/

And a partial list of other crimes committed by somalis.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269...ts-leo-hohmann

Old 06-14-2019, 09:19 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq38 View Post
The immigrants are draining our benefits, and the early releases from jail do not help either. The homeless are everywhere, and they bring crime and disease as well. The state has closed most mental hospitals and many of these people are living on the streets of our neighborhoods. The police can't do anything because so many have "rights." If someone comes in your home, yes, you can detain the idiots because you have the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, if they only took $900.00 or less worth of goods and/or money from you, they are written up at the station and released the same day. Misdemeanor. Frustrating to live here.

The immigrants and homeless are drawn to our state because of the far liberal politics, leadership, and beautiful weather.
This is an oversimplification. Immigrants and homeless are not one and the same. In my town we have a large immigrant population and a large homeless population, which are split into local older/disabled/down-on-their-luck long-term homeless and younger short-term vagrants, who are usually in severe stages of addiction and have come from other states with worse weather (where you die from exposure if you get high out-of-doors)

The immigrant population is poorer and is, unsurprisingly, the source of some serious property crime and some serious gang violence. That's been the case since time immemorial. The local police have always had a good handle on the problem, and the city has had a historically low level of crime. We're in an agricultural area and the immigrant (some legal some illegal) population provides much more labor and economic activity than it detracts in terms of criminal activity and use of resources.

The growing vagrant population, on the other hand, is out of anyone's control, and it's very true that recent criminal-friendly propositions have made the police's job of protecting the citizenry and their property nigh-impossible. The number of vagrants has more than doubled in the past 4 years, just from opioid-addicted Americans immigrating internally from their ****hole states to our beautiful, but criminal-friendly state. With these vagrants has come a massive spike in both property and violent crime, and this has been exacerbated by the criminal-friendly propositions.

I'll take immigrants over homeless, and especially homeless vagrants, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:59 PM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq38 View Post
Imagine being an immigrant, getting to give birth to your family's "anchor" baby, at such a beautiful and good hospital and it is all FREE. They taxpayers like you and me foot the bill. They go back to their country and enjoy their life here when they can and want. They just wait until their 5 years of being a green card holder is over, then they apply for citizenship. All the while qualifying for free stuff. They can lie because the government DOES NOT check.
That scenario will take a good deal of imagination, because it only happens there. Go back and wait for 5 years, while qualifying for free stuff in the US?

First, the child will not even be able to apply for family reunification until (s)he is 21. So - your timeline is off by what, 400%?

Second, you can bet your heinie the government checks on Green Card holders leaving the country. I've been through that grinder. (Anyway, if the ever-so-cunning plan is to get to the US and the imaginary smorgasbord, why leave for 5 years? Did you lose the thread somewhere?)

Quote:
Moreover, if they EVER lied to the U.S. government or an immigration officer, they will be candidates for possible deportation. Finally.
Finally? This is absolutely nothing new, and every legal immigrant knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
The OP was about "corruption, kick backs and bribery", and that's all of it as American as apple pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.