Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 AM

18 posts, read 87,303 times

Advertisements

Easton's downtown around the circle is nice, but its really just a few blocks.

If you do want a city-ish feeling in the Lehigh Valley, I think Bethlehem's historic district is a better bet. More nice housing stock, probably safer, a bit more upscale - check out Bethlehem Main St and surround areas when you visit.

If the city feeling is not that important and you want to be closer to easton - Williams Twp is nice (more rural feeling) as is Palmer (suburbia)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 22,409 times
Smile Moving from Ohio

Try Tatamy it's a small town between Palmer and Forks. Children would go to the Nazareth Schools they get excellent reviews. I live in Tatamy, I love it. We welcome new comers. I wouldn't want to live in the downtown area of Easton bad news. It's great to visit but not to live. Tatamy is 10 mins. or so from Easton. Good Luck! Welcome to PA. Historical Bethlehem city is really nice not as close to Easton twenty -twenty five away.

Last edited by tatstheway; 09-15-2010 at 10:19 AM..

Old 09-21-2010, 11:12 AM

126 posts, read 246,334 times
If you want to live in town, College Hill is the nicest part of Easton. Many beautiful old homes from the turn of the century to the 1930's and forward, tree-lined wide streets, great for kids to walk to friends, or to the dentist or store on Cattell Street. It is near Lafayette College for interesting lectures, concerts, exhibits, etc. For the most part nice families. You would have to inquire about the schools, I don't know what they have done in recent years with bussing kids from other areas. When I was young everyone walked to March School (which went to 9th grade then, now it's elementary) and the students were local.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:38 PM

188 posts, read 416,424 times
You might want to consider Phillipsburg, NJ right over the river from Easton, PA. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley