Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 PM

2 posts, read 8,422 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning to change my current job and move from Seattle, WA (Bellevue, WA to be more precise) to Easton, WA (job at Crayola). I am with family and life here in Seattle has been grat till now in all aspects - people, infrastructure, scenic landscape, things to do etc. I have lot many concerns moving from a big town to a comparatively smaller one in Easton. Location is one of the criteria's for me to change my current job and move here.

Please guide me on the Easton City life, places to stay (apartments), climate etc. so I can take a proper decision whether to change my job or not?
Also reading through some blogs it seems that Easton is crime ridden. Please suggest if I should some closeby city to move in instead of Easton?

Regards,
Seattle_to_Easton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,191 times
I wish I could help you and answer your questions. I lived six years on the eastside of Washington State and people are different here. They are nice but very reserved. It's tough to make friends for after work. I miss WA and will go back some day soon.
Good luck with your move.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM

889 posts, read 2,574,623 times
I'll comment on one thing you ask, climate. I lived in WA state years ago, the Vancouver area, for 24 months. Couldn't handle the nine months of rainy grey weather, and moved back to PA. I'm from here if the username is not obvious.

The climate in eastern PA, all of PA for that matter, is four distinct seasons. As a generalization, the seasons are fleeting, always changing over the course of a few weeks. Three weeks ago it seemed like we were still in the height of winter, and now there are clear signs of spring: All the trees are still bare of leaves, but the Forsythia is coming into full bloom this week, Crocus and Daffodils are up and some are in bloom. Tulips seem to be sprouting. Some of the grass and vegetation on the golf courses is turning green in spots. On my block there's a very nice Tulip Tree (officially a Magnolia tree), and the buds of the flower are starting. In three weeks, people will be saying Forsythia is over, and it's time for spring plants.

Last weekend was the last weekend for skiing in the state. It's still going on string in Vermont and the Adirondacks of NY. This past weekend I saw some golfers out on a course I drive by all the time, this looked like the first of the season the course was open.

I know this doesn't answer what the temps are over the course of the year, but you can look that up somewhere. Winter is cold, windy and snowy. Summer is warm, with a few weeks of hot and humid weather. Spring and Fall are great weather. Right now we're transitioning into Spring. Soon people will be sleeping with their windows open and will turn their home heat off for the season. It's several weeks too early to be put tender plants outside yet.

Hope this helps put some things in perspective.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM

2 posts, read 8,422 times
Thanks Anna222 and PeeAye Native for your replies. This will surely help in my decision making. Also in case I plan to move here then will it be better for me to live in Bethlehem instead of Easton as I have heard that it is a better place to be in. The office commute time will ofcourse be more in this case.
Please advise.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
I think the general consensus is that Bethlehem is a nicer city to live in. I would personally choose it over Easton. I hope you will be able to come visit before making a decision. We have had no trouble making lots of friends here but I'm sure part of that is because we have kids and they were our passport into different activities. All of our friends are people that have kids. There are two colleges in Bethlehem too so you have a pretty young vibe.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley