Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times

Advertisements

I would like to dedicate a post to classic restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. Places that have been open for decades. They should have good food, even if they are not necessarily glamor spots.

If you have a new restaurant with good food, please post in a different thread.

Henry's Salt of the Sea has been around for about 30 years. The place seats only 65, and is in a reasonable part of town (near 19th street) so that you can feel safe driving there in the evening. Go on a weekday if you want a seat.

• Lobster Francaise
• Sauteed Shrimp Francaise
• Veal Rouget
• Fettuccini Carbonara
• Fruits de Mers
• Escallops de Veal Schnitzel
• Escallops de Veal Piccante
• Parmesan au Aubergine
• Baked Flounder with Crabmeat Stuffing
• Sauteed Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 05:33 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Can I add a Diner? The Coop-D or Coopersburg Diner & Family Restaurant | Bakery | Special Occasions | Coopersburg PA This place has been around since 1979 and is the go to place for kids and parents for a quick breakfast, a cup of coffee or just a great meal at a good price. Right on Route 309 in Coopersburg.

Another one, much nicer is the Limeport Inn. WONDERFUL food with a great menu that includes smaller platters as well as tasty steak and seafood. I thought they had a website, but couldn't find one. They are located in Limeport which is a teeny tiny town just West of Center Valley and South of Allentown. The closest intersection is Limeport Road and Blue Church Road.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
I would like to add the Fairgrounds Hotel to this thread list.

Established in 1904.
Delicious food at reasonable prices served in a very pleasant atmosphere.

http://www.fairgroundshotel.com/Contact.aspx

Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Another one, much nicer is the Limeport Inn. I thought they had a website, but couldn't find one.
I think their website is down, but this Yelp Limeport Inn Reviews are all positive except for one person who showed up between lunch and dinner.

It's difficult to believe the
King George Inn is closed.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM

I actually was NOT surprised to hear about the King George Inn. I haven't heard anything good about their food for several years.

Thanks for posting the Yelp reviews for the Limeport. The ones on Tripadvisor call it "Ye Old Limeport Hotel" and list it as being in Macungie!

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM

The Manor House Inn in Friedensville has been in operation with James Duke since 1985. The building was built in the colonial period. Formerly the Inn of the Unicorn, it is some of the best French cuisine dining in the area.

But if you are in the mood for French casual, and don't want to wear a tie or shell out the big bucks, enjoy the Sunset Menu at Benner Street Restaurant in Fountain Hill at 1028 BROADWAY, BETHLEHEM, PA (610-861-8181).

Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 AM

I had high tea a few weeks ago at Jessica's tearoom at the Weaversville Inn in Northampton with a group of friends. Jessica's Tea Room at Weaversville Inn The Inn was built in 1835! Tea was lovely and the Inn was very interesting. I'd like to go back for dinner sometime.

Realtors, See This.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 AM

The Inn of the Horse La Locanda is the creation of acclaimed chef, Shirley Cavallo. Born in Venice, Shirley worked side-by-side for more than a decade with Julie Dannenbaum, grande dame of cuisine and recognized leader in establishing cooking as an art form in America. Shirley found the ideal location for her restaurant and hotel on a hundred acres of lush gardens and pasture along the Delaware River, where structures from before the Revolutionary War still stand.

OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BEARD FOUNDATION

Shirley Cavallo had the honor of being selected as the first guest chef at the prestigious James Beard Foundation. The Foundation was created to celebrate, preserve and nurture America's culinary heritage and diversity and to elevate the appreciation of culinary excellence. In addition to hosting workshops, classes, conferences, readings and other educational experiences, the Foundation bestows this coveted award annually to individuals in recognition of their excellence in the food and beverage industry.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:41 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Would love some updates. Eleven years have gone by? Must be some updates and would be great to see what people recommend.

After all this time AND Pandemic, I'm imagining there's lots of different suggestions.

Old 07-03-2023, 07:57 AM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
My personal favs

Austrian Food

https://www.carriagehouserestaurant.net/

Bar Grub
Union And Finch

Former biker bar turned, umm, not sure what to call it but its good.

https://grumpysbbq.net/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley