Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM

9 posts, read 34,349 times

Advertisements

Mod note - This is a fairly old thread and any new posts were spam that had to be deleted so I closed the thread. A new thread (5/2017) has been merged and shows as the last post here. That's where you can find current info.

Our family doctor of 10 years, Dr. Christine Potter-Jones, just disappeared from the face of the earth- according to the "health network". We have followed this doctor from office to office for the last 10 years. Her newest office just opened a month or so ago. Saw her there as they were moving in furniture!, and when I called for another appointment was told she was no longer in the Lehigh Valley Health Network ,there was no further info available and they offered appointment with another of their network doctors. When I pressed for info, they said they didn't know. She just disappeared? I asked if someone went to her home to see if she was still alive!

I want MY doctor, I want to know where she is so I can continue to see her. I'm not interested in staying in a "network" I like the relationship I have developed with this doctor over the years. She knows me, she understands my health issues and those of my family. It's not about a network filled with people I will likely never know-it's about the person I chose to continue to see. Infuriating!

How do you go about finding out where you doctor relocated? Is there a way?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-16-2017 at 06:57 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Is this her? Dr. Christine Potterjones - Easton, PA - Family Medicine | Healthgrades

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:15 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Dr. Christine Potterjones MD Family Practitioner in Bethlehem PA

I did a google search and found this.
Google is your friend.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times
When a doctor leaves a health network, the network won't tell you where they went because they're competition. I follow my doctors everywhere. They've switched back and forth between two networks a few times in the past 15 years. Every time, the office doesn't reveal where they went. Sometimes the doctors know ahead of time and tell during an appointment. Once or twice they sent a letter informing me of where they want, but they often don't have access to the patient records to get the addresses. You just have to search for them until you find them. If they go independent, there is sometimes a gap of a few months while their new offices are under construction.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:43 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momatude View Post
Our family doctor of 10 years, Dr. Christine Potter-Jones, just disappeared from the face of the earth- according to the "health network". We have followed this doctor from office to office for the last 10 years. Her newest office just opened a month or so ago. Saw her there as they were moving in furniture!, and when I called for another appointment was told she was no longer in the Lehigh Valley Health Network ,there was no further info available and they offered appointment with another of their network doctors. When I pressed for info, they said they didn't know. She just disappeared? I asked if someone went to her home to see if she was still alive!

I want MY doctor, I want to know where she is so I can continue to see her. I'm not interested in staying in a "network" I like the relationship I have developed with this doctor over the years. She knows me, she understands my health issues and those of my family. It's not about a network filled with people I will likely never know-it's about the person I chose to continue to see. Infuriating!

How do you go about finding out where you doctor relocated? Is there a way?
To the OP's credit, it sounds like she has followed her Dr. from place to place. I'm guessing that was all in-network. Now it looks like she is in Easton or Bethlehem.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 AM

The Bethlehem and Easton addresses are the places I've followed her ( 3 practices in the last 10 years). I will keep looking online, but this is so frustrating. She was at the Women's Center in Bethlehem when I first started with her...then switched to Muhlenberg Family Practice on Emmrick Blvd and most recently Sullivan Trail, Easton. When I saw her a couple of weeks ago I joked that if she moved any further west she'd be into New Jersey and I couldn't follow her there as I was already traveling quite a distance to see her. She laughed and said she wasn't going anywhere. Two weeks later-poof she's gone.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,901,654 times
Quote:
The Bethlehem and Easton addresses are the places I've followed her ( 3 practices in the last 10 years). I will keep looking online, but this is so frustrating. She was at the Women's Center in Bethlehem when I first started with her...then switched to Muhlenberg Family Practice on Emmrick Blvd and most recently Sullivan Trail, Easton. When I saw her a couple of weeks ago I joked that if she moved any further west she'd be into New Jersey and I couldn't follow her there as I was already traveling quite a distance to see her. She laughed and said she wasn't going anywhere. Two weeks later-poof she's gone.
Dumb question, but are you sure you want to stick with her?

Also, search for her on your insurance company's website. If she's not there and still practicing in the area, it may be out of network and therefore more expensive.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:00 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,984,185 times
Quote:
She was at the Women's Center in Bethlehem when I first started with her...then switched to Muhlenberg Family Practice on Emmrick Blvd and most recently Sullivan Trail, Easton. When I saw her a couple of weeks ago I joked that if she moved any further west she'd be into New Jersey and I couldn't follow her there as I was already traveling quite a distance to see her.
West??

Old 03-18-2014, 02:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times
Quote:
Call the physician referral office for the hospital networks near you. They will know where she is.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Lol! East. Thanks to all, I will try the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley