Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM

18 posts, read 71,934 times

Advertisements

yea, i guess when it came to wrestling his mentality was the same..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Default i guess ur sort of right...

A guy in his 50's believing that, that stuff is real must be koo koo!!LOL.. I mean i watched, and loved it all the way till high-school.. After that i woke up.. In fact my sister just got wwe tix given to her for the bouts in trenton coming up.. I have no desire.. Heck the last one i went to featured King kong bundy, Hill-billy Jim, Andre, orndorff.. I believe it was 1984.. That was it.. Can u imagine 50 and doing it? I guess 2each-is-own..

Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,481,354 times
I've been watching since I was about 12,there were times I questioned the 'fakeness' of it as there just seemed to be really convincing feuds.
Nowadays most of it bores me b/c I know how it's constructed,I'm more interested in the behind-the-scenes politics of it now...who's getting fired,blackballed,etc. I also catch many of the off the record interviews with them on YouTube and such and many of them seem so bitter about things.
But that's business I guess.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,147,690 times
Chief Jay Stronbow is indeed Italian. His name is Joe Scarpa. He started out using his real name. Initially Vince Mcmahon's father was not impressed and chose not to hire him. He worked throughout the country until finally getting hired by the WWF in the early 70's and becoming Chief Jay Strongbow.

Back to the topic of Allentown, the Pro Wrestling World store has moved to Vultee St. in the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown. They will have a free show on Januray 9th with ocal legend, Mongoose headlining.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Chief Jay Stronbow is indeed Italian. His name is Joe Scarpa. He started out using his real name. Initially Vince Mcmahon's father was not impressed and chose not to hire him. He worked throughout the country until finally getting hired by the WWF in the early 70's and becoming Chief Jay Strongbow.
That right there kinda sux b/c it's misrepresentation in a way. There may have been native americans that were proud of Strongbow only to find out he's not even that. They stretch things too much in my opinion,although sometimes people like Stone Cold Steve Austin are pretty much who they are except more exaggerated.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,147,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
That right there kinda sux b/c it's misrepresentation in a way. There may have been native americans that were proud of Strongbow only to find out he's not even that. They stretch things too much in my opinion,although sometimes people like Stone Cold Steve Austin are pretty much who they are except more exaggerated.

Wahoo Mcdaniel may have been one of the only true Native Americans in wrestling. Chief Billy White Wolf was from Iraq originally and became Sheik Adnan El Kaissey in the AWA.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Wahoo Mcdaniel may have been one of the only true Native Americans in wrestling. Chief Billy White Wolf was from Iraq originally and became Sheik Adnan El Kaissey in the AWA.
I think Tatanka may have been native american also. There's a website I sometimes go to that gives the names and real nationalities of wrestlers...intriguing.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/index.php

Old 12-18-2008, 09:41 PM

Default If u meant Tanaka???

Professor Toru Tanaka from Japan??If so him and Mr Fujii were actually Hawaians.. WOW! Another disappointment for me.. Out of the 2 of them Fujii actually had the most japanese heritage.. But not very much.. Tanak's mother was a tad japanese.. Very very little.. They both grew up in Hawaii! And again to think i believed all this..

Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 PM

No,I meant Tatanka from 1990s WWF...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com.../t/tatanka.php

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Default sorry..

i definitley do not know anything about him.. After 85 i was done..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley