Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM

37 posts, read 123,999 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I am planning to move into the area in June.
I will be working in Coopersburg, and i've been to the area, but did not pay too much attention back then.

I'm going for a housing visit this tuesday-friday, and was wondering if you could help me finding an apartment.
I've looked at some resources such as craigslist.com and apartmentfinder.com but there's way too many listed and I really don't know the area... so I don't know how to narrow down the list

I am young, single, asian male, I will have a car.
I'd like to find a place near Coopersburg.

Now, from what I read here, many people are against living in Allentown. Where should I begin looking?
Where would be a nice, safe area that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Finally, are there any Korean restaurents or Korean food stores nearby?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 05:19 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
I live just outside of Coopersburg. There are a couple of apartment complexes right in town, one is by the Turkey Hill on Station Avenue and the other is on Main Street, close to the intersection of Main and State Street. I don't know if either has anything available, they are not very big. There is also a Realtor just a couple of doors down from the second one, and they might have some suggestions.

There is a large Korean population in Lansdale, about twenty minutes away.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM

63 posts, read 173,015 times
Kim's Kitchen in Coopersburg kim's kitchen - korean, italian and american cuisine Puffins Cafe in Bethlehem Restaurant, Family, Casual Dining. Bethlehem, PA. Neither are fancy, but they do serve your basics!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 PM

102 posts, read 453,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooCanFly View Post
Finally, are there any Korean restaurants or Korean food stores nearby?
Can't really comment on where to live since I live in Easton which is about 25 minutes east of where you're looking.

However, if you're like most other asian people, the locations of an asian food source is extremely important. If anything, I would position myself in an area that would make it easy to access that area.

That being said, where to position yourself is kind of easy, since ALL asian food places are south of where you are. The nearest one is in Lansdale/North Wales called Assi. It's part of the Lotte/Assi plaza chain of large asian supermarkets. A basic mapquest showed it being about 20 miles (30 min) from Coopersburg.

Check out the site and you'll see their other locations.
Lotte Plaza - High Quality Asian Market

Other than Assi, there are a lot of H-Marts, but concentrated more towards Philadelphia, Cherry Hill in NJ, and in North Jersey/NYC.

The H-Mart site is here:
Better Food Better Life H Mart

Let me know if you have any questions. My wife and I (Chinese and Japanese) have pretty much gone to all asian supermarkets within a 2 hour driving radius.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,018 times
Thanks for the information! I am interested in this topic too. I will move to Easton in June and like to know Asian Groceries, Salon, and restaurants which are close to Easton hospital area. Those two you recommended below are quite far away from where I am gonna live. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiroll View Post
Can't really comment on where to live since I live in Easton which is about 25 minutes east of where you're looking.

However, if you're like most other asian people, the locations of an asian food source is extremely important. If anything, I would position myself in an area that would make it easy to access that area.

That being said, where to position yourself is kind of easy, since ALL asian food places are south of where you are. The nearest one is in Lansdale/North Wales called Assi. It's part of the Lotte/Assi plaza chain of large asian supermarkets. A basic mapquest showed it being about 20 miles (30 min) from Coopersburg.

Check out the site and you'll see their other locations.
Lotte Plaza - High Quality Asian Market

Other than Assi, there are a lot of H-Marts, but concentrated more towards Philadelphia, Cherry Hill in NJ, and in North Jersey/NYC.

The H-Mart site is here:
Better Food Better Life H Mart

Let me know if you have any questions. My wife and I (Chinese and Japanese) have pretty much gone to all asian supermarkets within a 2 hour driving radius.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 PM

102 posts, read 453,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehheidi View Post
Thanks for the information! I am interested in this topic too. I will move to Easton in June and like to know Asian Groceries, Salon, and restaurants which are close to Easton hospital area. Those two you recommended below are quite far away from where I am gonna live. Thanks again!
Yea tell me about it!

I am in Easton too, so I literally have to dedicate an afternoon to go to these areas. Unfortunately there isn't really much out there in terms of Asian Groceries.

From Easton, the Assi in Lansdale is the only one you can get to in an hour, but there are quite a few in NJ that you can get to in the same amount of time. I lived in central NJ for 15 years, so I'm more familiar with that area anyways.

H-Mart from my previous post has a location in Edison.

Also, Kamman and Asian Food Market (aka Meidong) are both in the area. Kamman and Asian Food Market are chinese grocers, where as H-Mart is korean.

Kam Man Marketplace
Welcome to Asian Food Markets!

As far as restaurants, what type of food are you looking for? If you're looking at places literally less than 10 minutes from Easton Hospital, there are probably a handful of Chinese takeout type places.

Sogo Restaurant on Northampton St, and Makoto off of Rt 22 in Phillipsburg, NJ are the only places that I've gone more than once.

Any other questions, let me know!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,018 times
Default I crave for Hot spicy food

I love hot spicy food and I am a good cook too. However, I am afraid that I won't have much time to cook once I move to Easton. Sorry to hear that there are not many Asian groceries there, but definitely good to know quite a few Chinese takeouts that will work for me when I get busy and lazy.

How is the public transportation there?Will it be a big problem living there without a car. I plan to buy a car next Summer.

Thank you very much for your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiroll View Post

As far as restaurants, what type of food are you looking for? If you're looking at places literally less than 10 minutes from Easton Hospital, there are probably a handful of Chinese takeout type places.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the help.

I found an apt in Macungie, so Lansdale is not too far from where I will live.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:29 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
That's great YooCanFly - Hope you enjoy life here in the Lehigh Valley!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Another question :

Am I stuck with RCN or Service Electric or Verizon DSL for internet?
I don't need cable TV...

here in Canada, we have a lot of small ISPs that offer 20$ / mo high speed DSL internet (5M down / 1M up), so I'm looking for a similar deal, but could only find those from RCN/ service electric / Verizon DSL that goes for 40-50$/mo.

Any help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley