Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 05:11 PM

146 posts, read 298,025 times

Advertisements

I am a smiler, a big smiler. Well, I used to be until finance problems came up. I am 63 years old, have had the same upper partial for over 25 years. My dentist used to tell me that I could wear a rubber boot in my mouth! lol Anyway, I am now having some problems, especially with a fake tooth conected to a real one...they are moving every time I open my mouth! I need to have all eight of the remaining top teeth removed and some new false teeth made. At my age, it is not worth saving the ones that remain...I promise you.

Problem is, number one I do not the have finances to pay all at once, so I would need to be able to make monthly payments...no problem with me. Second, and to me the most important thing. I am a huge wimp when it comes to the dentist. I mean my husband really worries about me when I have an appointment. I will start walking the floors the night before the appointment and never stop until what one dentist gave me, halcion (sp?) took over. I really am petrified of a dentist.

Does anyne know of a dentist that will except a payment plan on someone with not so great credit and who can just put me to sleep, pull the remaining teeth and fix me up with dentures?

My smile is waiting to come back and the semi pain is getting worse. I really would appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Dr. Fred T. Arnold III of the Cosmetic Dentistry Center of Lexington is very kind and sensitive to pain issues, and handles concerns not related to just cosmetic dentistry. However, I have no information about his office's willingness to work with you in regard to payment. Perhaps you could make an appointment to discuss this in person, which might be more beneficial than a phone call.

Good luck to you. I've also heard positive things about the UK Dentistry School, which is very affordable, but you might have to subject yourself to student dentists to be, who might be just fine for check-ups and cleaning and fillings, but not ideal for more complicated processes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area