Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 AM

75 posts, read 214,182 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place to board my small dog for one night next week. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are living in the Tates Creek / Man-O-War area and would like it to be somewhere relatively close to here, also somewhere that is clean and not outrageously expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM

528 posts, read 2,481,416 times
I haven't used them personally, but that Pet Suites place out at Hamburg is huge....here's their website, lots of photos and it looks quite fancy:

PETSuites of America - Pet Boarding and Grooming

Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM

75 posts, read 214,182 times
Thanks for the suggestion. It does look nice.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,636 times
And here is another place that is out Tates Creek Rd. I pass it on the way to work but have not personally used it.

http://www.hickmancreekkennel.com/

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
I found a dog sitter on "Angie's List" and you just take your dog to her house off of Clays Mill. She is super nice and a real dog lover. When we dropped by, she had about 8 dogs there, just loving life. [This set up may not be for everyone, but for anyone interested, her business is called "Pet Parents" and her tel: 859 219 0269].

Old 12-31-2007, 11:50 AM

39 posts, read 107,327 times
I realize this is an old-ish post, but I thought I'd offer my opinion here...

When I lived in Lexington, I would always take my dogs to Keshyln. They are not terribly expensive and are what I like to call "dog-oriented." Keshlyn offers perks, but it's stuff the dogs will appreciate... Some places, like Pet Suites, offer a lot of useless frills like classical music, fountains and so on, but only walk the dogs like 2x per day. I certainly would hate being limited to two bathroom trips per day! Keshlyn offers decently sized runs, including doubles and triples for multi-dog boarding. Each run has its own indoor and an outdoor area (separated from other dogs). Weather permitting, they open the doors and let the dogs go outside of their own accord. Keshlyn also has some runs with lower thresholds for arthritic dogs (I always requested this for mine since both have arthritis). The folks at Keshlyn are wonderful, and will give your dog any needed meds and will prepare your dogs' food with whatever odd additives are required. They really seem to like dogs, and have their best interests at heart. Playtimes are only $3, so we'd always pay for two per day. My elderly dog hates to be boarded, and she would have bad dreams (lots of growling) after being boarded most places. Several times we picked her up at other kennels and she whined nonstop until we got home. Not so at Keshlyn. The dogs actually seemed to have a good time there, and eased back into normal home life without a couple of days acting shell-shocked. Keshlyn is out Tate's Creek Road (waaay out, but definitely worth the drive). They are popular, however--plan a month in advance if you need to board during busy holiday times or during the peak vacation times in the summer. They will also bathe your pups and have them dry and smelling nice for you when you pick them up for a small fee.

-J

Old 12-31-2007, 07:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
thanks for the tip; I need a cat sitter for future trips if you have any suggestions (my dog typically travels with us in the car).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area