Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM

603 posts, read 2,339,543 times

Advertisements

When the poster referred to "inside the circle", he/she was referring to a road in Lexington. New Circle Road circles Lexington. Houses inside the circle are closer to downtown. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 09:20 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,866 times
Southland neighborhood has brick houses with basements, 150-180k price range, and includes a large Catholic church as well as Catholic schools preK-12. Very safe and family oriented. And there is a farmer's market on Sundays that sometimes even has pony rides.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM

30 posts, read 146,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
You will find Catholic Churches in all the towns surrounding Lexington. There are several large Catholic Churches in Lexington such as Cathedral of Christ the King, Pax Christi, Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary, St. Paul, St. Peter and I'm sure I left some out.
I must be looking at the wrong websites. For example the site I saw for Wilmore did not list a Catholic Church. So thank you. Do you know if there are Churches that consider themselves more orthodox than the others?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberrybound View Post
I must be looking at the wrong websites. For example the site I saw for Wilmore did not list a Catholic Church. So thank you. Do you know if there are Churches that consider themselves more orthodox than the others?
If Wilmore doesn't have a Catholic Church then in nearby Nicholasville you will find St Luke. It's not far from Wilmore at all. I don't know if they are more Orthodox.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 AM

Do you know what schools go with southland neighborhoods? And are there public pools or kids activites nearby? Thank you all for great information!

And here is the most important question........Is there anyplace in Lexington to get a really good Pizza??????????? Dare I ask eggplant parmesan?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 PM

458 posts, read 2,289,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberrybound View Post
Do you know what schools go with southland neighborhoods? And are there public pools or kids activites nearby? Thank you all for great information!

And here is the most important question........Is there anyplace in Lexington to get a really good Pizza??????????? Dare I ask eggplant parmesan?
There's a water park right in Southland that we are looking forward to trying out this summer. There are a good amount of public pools in Lexington, as well as the YMCAs, organized sports leagues, etc.

Great pizza I haven't yet found.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM

486 posts, read 1,896,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Girl View Post
There's a water park right in Southland that we are looking forward to trying out this summer. There are a good amount of public pools in Lexington, as well as the YMCAs, organized sports leagues, etc.

You won't find pizza like in Chicago or New York here, but there are two really good pizzarias here that I love. My neighbor owns Pazzo's on the corner of Limestone and Avenue of Champions in UK. About 3 blocks from Pazzo's is Joe Bologna's which is inside a converted synagogue. Other than that, Lexington really just has places like Domino's or Papa Johns.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,866 times
The best pizza in Lexington is Donato's, imho. A lot of people like Goodfella's, on Mill Street. Lexington isn't really a great pizza town, unfortunately!

Schools for Southland neighborhood are Clays Mill Elementary, Jessie Clark Middle, and Lafayette High. The School for the Creative and Performing Arts (SCAPA) is on Lafayette's campus as well.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Girl View Post

There was this great pizza place on Clays Mill called "Junies" I believe. I went there a week or two ago to pick up pizza and it was closed! A good place use to be Mancinos which is in Meadowthorpe. They have grinders (hot sandwiches) as well. That Junies place was my favorite of all pizza! I think it's difficult for places to compete with the big chains. If you find one you love, you'll have to share - pizza is my favorite food!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 PM

Well it's good to see there is a bit of hope for a pizza outside of Papa Johns and Domino's. My husband and I make our share of home made pizza out of desperation. I had a friend who Fed Ex'ed me a pizza for my birthday once from Chicago to New Mexico...,God Bless Her! Well at least the shipping charges will be cheaper.

Oh yes, the schools you mentioned in the Southland area I saw listed as best choice schools on these boards. Is this correct? And is this area adjacent to any crime areas.
I seem to get mixed information about crime. Sometimes it sounds non-existent, and then I hear about trouble right around the corner. What is your take on this.

I'd like to ask more, but I'm thinking about pizza now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area