Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 PM

820 posts, read 2,869,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msworried View Post
How do you get bluegrass orth to return your calls? I've been trying for two weeks cant get an answer from them.
That is terrible! I'd call and ask for the office manager. I use to know the name of that person, but don't remember. Regardless of why you're trying to reach them, that is simply disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 8,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msworried View Post
How do you get bluegrass orth to return your calls? I've been trying for two weeks cant get an answer from them.
Dr Ellingsen was the doctor i was going to see at bluegrass orth he was out of town the month of feb was due back march 1 I've not heard one thing from his office you call get the answering machines but no on ever returns calls from bluegrass orth. I am needing a hip replacement but cant find a doctor to do it I've had one hip replacement about 10 years ago now it's needing replaced again but how do you get a doctors office to ever return calls to get it done .I've never had this kind of problem before.Whats happened to people that works for these doctors? My hip has to complelely redone the first doctor was at UK but he has moved on to somewhere else. If I cant find someone soon I'll just wait till next winter I wont be layed up all summer just because doctors dont have anyone that knows how to return calls. Bluegrass Orth may have good doctors but the office help sucks. Can anyone give me a name of a good doc for hip replacements? Thank you for any help I can get

Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
That is terrible! I'd call and ask for the office manager. I use to know the name of that person, but don't remember. Regardless of why you're trying to reach them, that is simply disrespectful.
Thank you I agree I've never had a problem like this from a Doctors office before. The Dr Ellingsen I was to see was to be out of town until March 1 but I've still not heard anything from them and I've been waiting a month now. I thought they would set up an office visit for me as soon as he got back but I've yet to hear from them today is March 2. I've called them my daughter said she was going to start calling them everyday but at this point I'm not sure I want a Doctor from Bluegrass to do my surgery if the office help is that bad it makes me worry about everyone there. If you know of a doctor that does hip replacements please let me know I want a good doctor it'll be my secord one my first one was a nightmare so I really need a good caring doctor. Thank you

Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM

820 posts, read 2,869,517 times
Crystal is the name of Dr. Ellingsen's assistant. I don't know if she's been there or not. I can tell you, he's a fabulous surgeon and a good person. However, I would not consider going there if I'd had your experience. There is no reason for a physician/office to not return calls.

I'd call Orthopedic Assoc. (Ryan, Kirk) on Larkin Dr. or Dr. Jeff Parr.

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Crystal is the name of Dr. Ellingsen's assistant. I don't know if she's been there or not. I can tell you, he's a fabulous surgeon and a good person. However, I would not consider going there if I'd had your experience. There is no reason for a physician/office to not return calls.

I'd call Orthopedic Assoc. (Ryan, Kirk) on Larkin Dr. or Dr. Jeff Parr.

Good luck!
Thank you I called them back about 3 weeks ago and did get to talk to someone they acted like they had been trying to contact me since secord week in Febuary which I know wasnt true. What makes me even more upset is my work comp had approved my visit and surgery the secord week in Febuary and they hadnt bothered contacting me. Dr Ellingsen had been out of the State for a couple months but that still wasnt any excuse to do me the way they have. I had been told he was a great Doctor is why I wanted to go see him the office help they have has changed my mind on using them now. Thank you for the Doctors names you gave I will check into them. It's really sad when you cant find a good doctor when you need one I never dreamed I'd have a problem like this. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by msworried; 03-16-2010 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 03-18-2010, 05:28 PM

146 posts, read 298,378 times
Lexington Orthopaedic Associates is a wonderful group. All of the staff are great and very helpful. Dr.'s Bray, Ritterbush, Ryan are all wonderful surgeons. It must be a great place to work because the radiologist, BJ, has been there something like 50 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area