Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I politicly extreme?
Yes 3 18.75%
No 11 68.75%
Maybe 2 12.50%
Unsure 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:30 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,586,161 times

Advertisements

I'm 19 years old and from the south, and I'm really unsure who to vote for. I did a questionable on who I should vote for and it came up with 70% UKIP. Now, I do get involved with the over 40s population, and I know they know better than me and my generation through experience, down south they all seem to be supporting UKIP. However, my friends say that UKIP are a racist party just like the BnP. Now here is some of my views (Many for and against UKIP policy's), I'm interested to know what Londoners (anyone else is welcome) think of them, so what do you think?:

1. Have a referendum on the EU, as we should have had when the EU started!

2. Have an Australian emigration policy! (Caped emigration, skilled workers only allowed to permanently work here, No Asylum)

3. Increase foreign aid spending

4. Increase nuclear power stations (clean for environment and much safer than people think!)

5. Degrease cars using petrol and start investing in Hydro and Electric cars

6. Try to encourage different communities (Asian, Black, white, other) to mix together. As I believe that different ethnic communities causes ignorance of culture and racism.

7. If your an emigrant and start committing crime then you are sent back to your original country (Though this depends on how serious the crime is...)

8. Decriminalize all drugs

9. Only UK born Citizens should be initialed to the NHS (everyone else has to have insurance!)

10. Keep the Queen, but abolish any power from the House of Lords... Laws must only come from the elected!

11. Scrap Human rights and make up a British Bill of Rights.

12. Life should mean life! (But I'm 100% opposed to the death penalty)

13. A person should protect there land (home or business) from threat. If someone is robing from a home
then the owner has the right to kill if necessary (same as in the US, though I'm opposed to guns in a
non-farming environment)

14. Minimum wage must increase with inflation.

15. Allow owners of a business to allow smoking in the building if they want to (no smoking in Government Buildings)

16. Every school must have PE lessons everyday and a sports afternoon once a week.

17. Adverts on TV should have a maximum time limit of 1 minute per 15 mins

18. The BBC has to be more balanced and not left wing, otherwise it will lose all its funding from the government! Leave the independent channels to be biased, taxes shouldn't be given to biased companies!

19. Health and Safety must be less over the top. Encourage pubs, cafes and parks to put up more (though safe) play areas for children (Only the parent is to blame if child get hurt! And no need for risk signs as it's to obvious!)

20. Don't get involved with the middle east!

21. Invest in space exploration

22. If out of the EU, ensure that we are trading closely with Europe under a wider European Economic Community (what people voted for in the 70s) and try to form an economic union with all Commonwealth and Anglo countries.

23. No Vail or hoodies (whatever religion) should be warn in Government buildings. In public or at home it's up to you what you want to wear!

24. Ensure everyone has freedom of speech no matter how extreme or un-ectreme it is...

25. Benefits should be only for the real unable... If your able to work, then why should you expect to receive money from the government!

26. Benefits only allowed for British born citizens (if you come to this country to work permanently, then what can you give us in return?)

What Do you think, I want to know if my views are extreme. Do you agree or disagree, overall, with my opinions?

Last edited by Jas182; 08-25-2014 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,543,183 times
I'm not from the UK, but you sound like a very reasonable person. I think it's nice that you are quite young but also concerned about politics and looking outwards to compare and learn more about what's going on in your community, rather than be apathetic.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I'm not from the UK, but you sound like a very reasonable person. I think it's nice that you are quite young but also concerned about politics and looking outwards to compare and learn more about what's going on in your community, rather than be apathetic.
Thanks... I'm only asking this question because when I start talking politics to friends, some of them agree, but some of them say I'm to extreme, my generation in Britain seem to be a bit to lefty for my liking so there are quite a few of my friends that I can gladly argue with (witch is fun!). Personally, if Britain continues with mass emigration then we will have no form of agriculture and countryside left! I do believe emigration is overall good for the country, but in moderation... Anyways soz, once I get myself talking about politics I don't stop... LOL

Old 08-28-2014, 04:19 PM
SE9

219 posts, read 349,328 times
Apart from the odd point, just sounds like a regional right-winger. Right-wing tory or UKIP type.

The more extreme of your plans are targeting people just for being born outside Britain. So the likes of actresses Joanna Lumley & Emma Watson, Tour de France winners Chris Froome & Bradley Wiggins, public figures like the Duke of Edinburgh & Boris Johnson (I could go on) and all British people like them shouldn't be entitled to universal healthcare and welfare just because they were born outside the UK? Madness.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,616,781 times
Healthcare should include citizens rather than people born here. Businesses should not be exempt from anti-smoking laws.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
Apart from the odd point, just sounds like a regional right-winger. Right-wing tory or UKIP type.

The more extreme of your plans are targeting people just for being born outside Britain. So the likes of actresses Joanna Lumley & Emma Watson, Tour de France winners Chris Froome & Bradley Wiggins, public figures like the Duke of Edinburgh & Boris Johnson (I could go on) and all British people like them shouldn't be entitled to universal healthcare and welfare just because they were born outside the UK? Madness.
That is a great point... OK maybe it should be more about citizenship. If your born in another county and one of your parents are British, if you decide to life in the UK then you can get NHS, and If your an emigrant who's been a productive citizen for at least ten years then you can be entitled to the NHS... What do you think of that?

Also I just did a questionnaire on "I side with.com" and the results show that my politics are joint Liberal Democrat and UKIP, second was the Conservatives and the greens came a long way 3rd...
I side 75% with Liberal Democrats - Interesting, If anything this shows my politics is messed up!

Last edited by Jas182; 08-28-2014 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Businesses should not be exempt from anti-smoking laws.
I think it's up to the business owner to decide, not the Government!..

Old 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,616,781 times
Businesses are not above the law, though. They would see lots of employees resign if they forced people to breathe a toxic atmosphere.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,621,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
That is a great point... OK maybe it should be more about citizenship. If your born in another county and one of your parents are British, if you decide to life in the UK then you can get NHS, and If your an emigrant who's been a productive citizen for at least ten years then you can be entitled to the NHS... What do you think of that?

Also I just did a questionnaire on "I side with.com" and the results show that my politics are joint Liberal Democrat and UKIP, second was the Conservatives and the greens came a long way 3rd...
I side 75% with Liberal Democrats - Interesting, If anything this shows my politics is messed up!
Interesting quiz. This is what I got:

To answer the original question - no, you're not extreme. As SE9 mentioned, typical right-wing. If you agreed with the BNP 80% of the time then I'd be concerned.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Businesses are not above the law, though. They would see lots of employees resign if they forced people to breathe a toxic atmosphere.
That's true. I guess there are many employees that would hate smoking. Well I reconsider that idea, however I still believe that people should be able to smoke in a pub - as long as it's OK with the landlord...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London