Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 PM

15 posts, read 27,348 times

Advertisements

My daughter was there last night but thank God she has a 2 o'clock curfew. I heard 3 girls and one boy got shot there last night . Does anybody live near this place? Is this place or the area that bad or is this an isolated incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 01:39 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,730 times
Isolated incident. Period.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:34 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Why are Massapequans so obsessed with Rocky Point? (I was once one, dh and I rented a house there years ago.). It's not like it is close by for going bar hopping.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,180,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massapemom View Post
My daughter was there last night but thank God she has a 2 o'clock curfew. I heard 3 girls and one boy got shot there last night . Does anybody live near this place? Is this place or the area that bad or is this an isolated incident?
Its all true.
(Oxygen aka Blue aka Sundance etc)

Albeit bad press, its actually good news for RP in so far as the club will now be euthanized.

Local Pols have been waiting for sufficient reason (and legal grounds other than noise) to shut them down for some time.

All Ive heard thus far is that the perps may not be from the area. No surprise...were not really a Hot97 kind of town.
I'll let you know what I hear that's not in the press.The owner has been bringing in out of town trash for months.We knew it was a matter of time before he messed up.Im just glad no ones dead.

We want to stink this one out so they never see the light of day in RP again.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 05-07-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-07-2011, 04:03 PM

33 posts, read 69,258 times
A few months ago a kid from our high school was stabbed outside that club.
Broadway in RP has been rough forever.....the old Maddens (aka Gallaghers) now Tommy's Place, Avenue's and that bar on the corner you are talking about that has changed over a million times since I was a teenager. They have all been home to drunks, drugs and prostitutes for the past 20 years. Also the SBI in Sound Beach which has also changed it's name tons of times. RP and SB have come a long way since the 80's/90's but there is still plenty of section 8 and old timers and their now grown kids still living there in the summer houses they converted to barely livable houses. Sadly a lot of people I grew up with there are in jail, are junkies or dead.
I have family who have lived there forever and although their houses are nice they all have at least two houses on their streets that are a mess of drugs, cars all over the lawn, domestic violence, ect.
Again I know there is a lot of support for RP on this board and I agree it has improved a lot over the years but it is definately no garden of eden.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,476,618 times
News to me. No ER visits that i know of involving GSWs.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Its all true.
(Oxygen aka Blue aka Sundance etc)

Albeit bad press, its actually good news for RP in so far as the club will now be euthanized.

Very Good It Needs To Be

All Ive heard thus far is that the perps may not be from the area. No surprise...were not really a Hot97 kind of town.

That must mean No African Americans

I'll let you know what I hear that's not in the press.The owner has been bringing in out of town trash for months.We knew it was a matter of time before he messed up.Im just glad no ones dead.

Oh yeah because there's no way someone from Rocky Point would do that, The Perp (cop word) (so you must be a PO)

We want to stink this one out so they never see the light of day in RP again.

Crooks
A Bunch Of Moderator cut: language removed The best you said was you're glad no ones dead

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-07-2011 at 08:13 PM..

Old 05-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsewoguefam View Post
A few months ago a kid from our high school was stabbed outside that club.
Broadway in RP has been rough forever.....the old Maddens (aka Gallaghers) now Tommy's Place, Avenue's and that bar on the corner you are talking about that has changed over a million times since I was a teenager. They have all been home to drunks, drugs and prostitutes for the past 20 years. Also the SBI in Sound Beach which has also changed it's name tons of times. RP and SB have come a long way since the 80's/90's but there is still plenty of section 8 and old timers and their now grown kids still living there in the summer houses they converted to barely livable houses. Sadly a lot of people I grew up with there are in jail, are junkies or dead.
I have family who have lived there forever and although their houses are nice they all have at least two houses on their streets that are a mess of drugs, cars all over the lawn, domestic violence, ect.
Again I know there is a lot of support for RP on this board and I agree it has improved a lot over the years but it is definately no garden of eden.
It's pleasing to see someone honest posting, Thanks

Old 05-07-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Isolated incident. Period.
Yeah Right & So Was The STabbing There A Few Months Ago.
Get Out Denyville

Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,748,901 times
re: Shooting rampage in Rocky Point.
Massapemom, what was your daughter doing all the way out in RP??

YouTube - Shooting Rampage at Club in Rocky Point

According to the club's facebook page, rapper Waka Flaka Flame was scheduled to appear that night when a fight broke out; someone came back with a gun and unloaded it on the crowd. Sounds like fun. Any word on suspects, SCPD catch the shooters?

Waka Flaka Flame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island