Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 AM

99 posts, read 293,399 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good endocronologist in or near Smithtown.I am not happy with the one I have,neither is my wife.My wife used to go to Dr.Kugler on Mt.Pleasant Rd who is great but he does not take GHI any more.She has a pituitary problem and a thyroid problem.I have high cholesterol and low testosterone.The Dr.we go to now is very conservative and has a lets wait and see approach.The straw that broke the camels back was when there were concerns about her pituitary having a tumor on it and he said lets do an MRI in a year.I have been on the same meds for my tesosterone for a year and they have done nothing for me.He just keeps bumping up the dosage.I have heard that Stony Brook has some good ones.Can someone recommend an actual dr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
I like Dr. Patel at Sound Endocrinology. I am hypothyroid and have been feeling so much better under his care than I was with my GP. In fact, I'm due for my 6 month blood test and re-check already - just been putting off getting the blood taken - ugh! LOL!

Sound Endocrinology
2500 Nesconset Hwy, Bldg 3C
Stony Brook, NY 11790
631-751-2400

Old 03-30-2011, 05:15 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
I am also hypo and let my family doc take care of it. He is Mark Jagust in Lake Grove. I have been going to him for many years and really find him very good. The only downside is the wait ; you could be waiting over an hour, but if you have an appt, call them before it and see how the wait is ; the sec (who is wonderful) will let you know.
My dh has endo problems and goes to Craig Wexler but dosnt recommend them. The doctors are great, but the staff is horrendous

Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 AM

371 posts, read 938,476 times
I found Dr Wexler and his staff to be excellent for me...I think they specialize in diabetes though?
In Patchouge...Unless there is another by the same name?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRed View Post
I found Dr Wexler and his staff to be excellent for me...I think they specialize in diabetes though?
Same Doctor. My dh likes the doctors there a lot and that is why he wont change. Somedays it takes a few phone calls to get one back. But I blame the staff, not the docs.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFGH View Post
I am looking for a good endocronologist in or near Smithtown.I am not happy with the one I have,neither is my wife.My wife used to go to Dr.Kugler on Mt.Pleasant Rd who is great but he does not take GHI any more.She has a pituitary problem and a thyroid problem.I have high cholesterol and low testosterone.The Dr.we go to now is very conservative and has a lets wait and see approach.The straw that broke the camels back was when there were concerns about her pituitary having a tumor on it and he said lets do an MRI in a year.I have been on the same meds for my tesosterone for a year and they have done nothing for me.He just keeps bumping up the dosage.I have heard that Stony Brook has some good ones.Can someone recommend an actual dr.

Have you tried the gel ; dh takes that and its ok.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Have you tried the gel ; dh takes that and its ok.
Thats what im on and its not doing anything.He even kicked it up and still nothing.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRed View Post
My friend goes there.He is happy. Someone recommended a Dr in Stony Brook.Greek name.Starts with an "M". I left the sticky at work. I am gonna give him a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island