Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,153,737 times

Advertisements

So we moved from Nassau to Suffolk because DW had a great job offer, but as they say, the grass is always greener. Suffolk is nice but it's not home. The schools aren't as good, the beaches are too clean, the pizza is a joke, there aren't enough sidewalks, there isn't enough bus service, it's too far from Queens, Suffolk doesn't have a professional hockey team, the people in Rocky Point are always looking down their noses at us and most of all there's no Kate Murray to watch out for us. We also miss our family and friends but we get to see them when we fly back into town for the holidays.

So has anyone else moved from Nassau to Suffolk and wanted to move back?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 PM

208 posts, read 492,536 times
moving back to Nassau becuase are Pizza Sucks? lol Thats a New 1
im not a Nassau Person well not a LI Person in Genral but Nassau is to much Like the City
and they Can keep the City

Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 AM

629 posts, read 1,702,283 times
I'd leave Long Island altogether - before I moved back to Nassau County. I'm reminded how congested and "urban" its become when I have to go back there to visit family - I find it distasteful.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,248,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucks View Post
I'd leave Long Island altogether - before I moved back to Nassau County. I'm reminded how congested and "urban" its become when I have to go back there to visit family - I find it distasteful.
Must be all of the sidewalks.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:22 AM

654 posts, read 2,122,302 times
Moved from Nassau 8 years ago and I wonder why I didn't do it soon. There is a little more space out here which I love. I always pass my old house when I am around that part but I wouldn't want to go back to living on top of my neighbors, and I had one of the bigger properties in town, .17 acre.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,042,464 times
Moved to Suffolk ten years ago. Wanted to move back at first only because I missed the town I grew up in. If I had moved back it would only have been to where I grew up, no where else. Once I got over that I have never looked back.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:13 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So we moved from Nassau to Suffolk because DW had a great job offer, but as they say, the grass is always greener. Suffolk is nice but it's not home. The schools aren't as good, the beaches are too clean, the pizza is a joke, there aren't enough sidewalks, there isn't enough bus service, it's too far from Queens, Suffolk doesn't have a professional hockey team, the people in Rocky Point are always looking down their noses at us and most of all there's no Kate Murray to watch out for us. We also miss our family and friends but we get to see them when we fly back into town for the holidays.

I know a few people that have done this. closer to NYC, sidewalks, sewers, better schools and the parks are the main reasons. Having half an acre is not all it's cracked up to be, especially when you're spending half the weekend mowing it.
80x100 is fine by me, if having half an acre of grass, shrubs and weeds to call your own is a must, head to PA..an acre there is cheaper than a new honda civic,,it's a faster commute to the city than most of Suffolk too.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,120,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucks View Post
Looks like the OP likes Nassau/NY for all the reasons many leave. Big nanny government, more stores, more people, etc.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,329,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post

What the heck are you blabbering about?

YOU live in Virginia and have lived there for a long time.

The *** is up.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,248,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What the heck are you blabbering about?

YOU live in Virginia and have lived there for a long time.

The *** is up.
Must be slow on the Virginia board today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island