Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 PM

62 posts, read 113,768 times

Advertisements

altho 2 b honest
im not sure if i wuld rather have neo-nazi arsonist crimes
or ethnic transitional crimes
"hard drugs"/gangs/knife fites/ms-13

wut does every1 think is worse 2 have?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,329,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long island POSTER View Post
altho 2 b honest
im not sure if i wuld rather have neo-nazi arsonist crimes
or ethnic transitional crimes
"hard drugs"/gangs/knife fites/ms-13

wut does every1 think is worse 2 have?
I would think that what would be worse is if we personally are attacked by arson/graffiti/gangs/knives ...

Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,186,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajimenez View Post
Isn't Spiros in Miller Place..just asking. Where does Rocky Point start on 25A?
Its ok ...most folks incorrectly like to believe that Rocky Point starts and ends in three bungalows along on Broadway.
The tows actually quite large in terms of space and pretty varied in terms of its housing stock.

Anyway despite Walters best intentions(and cartography) that area is very much Rocky Point and always has always been.
RP starts around NSLL. Theres even some folks who believe MP Horse country (Radio ave/Island Estates/Hunter etc) is technically RP too, but it is in fact part of RPSD (and one of the best kept secrets in the area).

MP and RP are different but in many ways co-mingled due to the overlap in SDs and the connective community of Sound Beach.

As for the house that got spray painted it looks like a someones jilted boyfriend is not too happy with his ex girlfriends new black boyfriend based on the comments.Stupid kid stuff but still very shameful, ignorant and hurtful and I wont defend it. I'm interested to see how the story develops and where it starts and ends.

Crooks

Old 04-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
EEK , News12 got a glimpse into the Rocky Point nazi incident.

Rocky Point home scrawled with graffiti, truck set on fire

I don't like what Im seeing in the Garden of Eden.
That makes two of us.

Racial Slurs Scrawled on Massapequa Mall | Verizon FiOS1 News - Long Island

Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
So lets get back on topic. Im very concerned that with all the new and great development in RP..especially the new foot massage parlor and auto parts emporium..that the area will be brought down by this eruption of neo-nazi activity. As many of you know, RP was known for its gang activity...does this new grafitti indicate a resurgence of those bad old days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
That makes two of us.
I'm not talking abut the graffiti.

Hopefully it's a small as your saying (ex-bf angry) and not what GPS was referring to. That would not be good if the offspring of the old gangsters residing in RP formed a neo-nazi group in Rocky Point. Reviving the bad old days..
Crazy kids.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Four people arrested for arson in Rocky Point | North Shore Sun

Sorry guys.

So far this is it.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,711,933 times
Crooks..how long you been living in RP?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,329,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Its ok ...most folks incorrectly like to believe that Rocky Point starts and ends in three bungalows along on Broadway.
The tows actually quite large in terms of space and pretty varied in terms of its housing stock.

Anyway despite Walters best intentions(and cartography) that area is very much Rocky Point and always has always been.
RP starts around NSLL. Theres even some folks who believe MP Horse country (Radio ave/Island Estates/Hunter etc) is technically RP too, but it is in fact part of RPSD (and one of the best kept secrets in the area).

MP and RP are different but in many ways co-mingled due to the overlap in SDs and the connective community of Sound Beach.

As for the house that got spray painted it looks like a someones jilted boyfriend is not too happy with his ex girlfriends new black boyfriend based on the comments.Stupid kid stuff but still very shameful, ignorant and hurtful and I wont defend it. I'm interested to see how the story develops and where it starts and ends.

Crooks
Basically a bunch of idiots you could find anywhere in the country, not just running amok in RP by any means.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,413,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Basically a bunch of idiots you could find anywhere in the country, not just running amok in RP by any means.
Agreed. And they say racism is getting better. Yeah, sure it is. Dumb ass kids.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Agreed. And they say racism is getting better. Yeah, sure it is. Dumb ass kids.
Im still lost on the escalation?

Calling the kid out to fight over his girl is one thing.

A swastika flashing mob coming to the house with torches and weapons and firebombing vehicles in Rocky Point, is a whole 'nother level.

I don't think we're getting the whole story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island