Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,936,563 times

Advertisements

I've heard great things about the raymore and flanningan clearance center in lake grove. My neighbors bought a beautiful bedroom set for their guest room recently from that store.
When I lived in Oakdale I bought furniture from a store on the north service road called Brand Name Furniture, the prices were always fair and the stuff lasted for years.
I have also purchased furniture from thrift stores and for wood pieces I'd even look on craigslist.
If you are up for the challenge of assembly Ikea or even furn-a-kit might be good choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:27 AM

11 posts, read 23,922 times
craigslist

Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,691,364 times
Macy's clearance center in Carl Place call 1st they have certain days for different sales

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM

61 posts, read 228,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonylongisland View Post
I am a commisioned salesman, and I HATE going into furniture stores to "barter"... but I also dont like the idea of paying full full price on things that i dont need too. I am looking to set up a guest bedroom... any suggestions on where i should look? I am not as worried about durability as much as i am the look.

To give you an idea, I am hoping to get a full size dresser for 299 - 399 (not 599 that i have seen alot of at the furniture stores). I realise I will get pressed wood as oppose to real wood... and that is ok.

Any ideas? I am from Ridge, but I can travel at least a bit. I have been told about Ikea... any other ideas?

thanks in advance,
Not on LI but...

Living rooms, bedrooms, dinettes, oh yeah!
Come shop with us! Be sure...we're talkin' Corner Furniture!
You'll like us! We're sure...we're talkin' Corner Furniture!
You seen the rest! Fuh-gedd-a-bout the rest.
Hey hey! Let's dance!we're talkin' Corner Furniture!

Corner Furniture
Bronx, New York

Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,396,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiser View Post
Bobs
Bob's is great if you like furniture that falls apart.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM

If you buy my apartment you can have the couch and bed for free.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:43 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,744,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Bob's is great if you like furniture that falls apart.

I purchased a bedroom set from Bob's for my second home. It has held up fine for the 6+ years I've owned it. It isn't getting used on a daily basis the way my furniture here is. For a guest room it would be fine. I believe back then I paid $900 for a queen headboard, dresser, chest of drawers, and two night tables.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I purchased a bedroom set from Bob's for my second home. It has held up fine for the 6+ years I've owned it. It isn't getting used on a daily basis the way my furniture here is. For a guest room it would be fine. I believe back then I paid $900 for a queen headboard, dresser, chest of drawers, and two night tables.
Yeah for a guest room probably. I'm on my 3rd couch in 3 years b/c it keeps breaking. Luckily they keep replacing it for free. (I'm the only one that sits on this couch and I am like 102 lbs). They're furniture isn't made well that's why it costs next to nothing. Buy with caution.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,744,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yeah for a guest room probably. I'm on my 3rd couch in 3 years b/c it keeps breaking. Luckily they keep replacing it for free. (I'm the only one that sits on this couch and I am like 102 lbs). They're furniture isn't made well that's why it costs next to nothing. Buy with caution.
Figure the bed is probably like what I have -- the frame which came with the mattress and boxspring attached to the Bob's headboard. Even if the bed sees a lot of sleepers, it's not the same as the couch in which the couch construction is taking the brunt of the on and off.

I would be pretty miffed if I were dealing with your couch situation, though.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,477,750 times
Bobs personally. I got solid mohogany bedset (bed, dresser, entertainment, nighttable, chest) for the price of an amoire from one of those big brand name stores. Can't beat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: