Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 AM

520 posts, read 1,653,562 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just had our first child, a little girl, and we wanted to get a lactation consultant to help with breast-feeding. The hospital gave us a list of people to choose from but I figured I would ask here as well. We live in Old Bethpage.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Many pediatricians have one on staff nowadays.

Good luck with the new one

Old 06-04-2011, 03:29 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
How does one become a lactation consultant and why after milleniums of human existence are they needed?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:45 PM

311 posts, read 1,019,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
How does one become a lactation consultant and why after milleniums of human existence are they needed?
Why, after milleniums of human existence, do we need people to find a cure for cancer? Heaven forbid we evolve in finding ways to help people.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:48 PM

903 posts, read 3,580,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
why even bother responding with this-

You can also ask your wife's ob/gyn-congratulations

Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
My wife and I just had our first child, a little girl, and we wanted to get a lactation consultant to help with breast-feeding. The hospital gave us a list of people to choose from but I figured I would ask here as well. We live in Old Bethpage.

Thanks!!
Congratulations! How exciting

The Huntington area is probably a bit too far for your wife to visit the Dolan Center on Pulaski Rd, but you might want to look for a local chapter of the La Leche League! Here's a link to start:
La Leche League of Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens, New York (http://www.sokolowdesign.com/lll/index.html - broken link)

It's a group of woman with a common goal. Getting a referral from someone who recently was or is currently nursing might be a good way to find someone your wife is comfortable with.

I know from my own family that sometimes the burning desire to nurse just isn't enough to get it done and the ensuing frustration just escalates the difficulties - a good consultant can make a difference (though not always - Mother Nature can be pretty stubborn...)

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 PM

334 posts, read 1,102,823 times
Congratulations and good luck! I don't have any personal recommendations but here's a link to a great site that really helped me with lactation issues years ago when my kids were babies--it's run by a trained research scientist who is now a Board Certified Lactation Consultant.

kellymom :: Breastfeeding and Parenting (http://www.kellymom.com/index.html - broken link)

And anither helpful site:
Services For Parents - The New York Lactation Consultant Association

Old 06-10-2016, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 849 times
She is amazing !!!! Helped so many of my family & friends. She will provide you with a "Super bill" which you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Her name is Viktoriya Ilina-Levy , her website is below !

Home

Old 06-10-2016, 07:24 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
never mind.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:28 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwivika View Post
She is amazing !!!! Helped so many of my family & friends. She will provide you with a "Super bill" which you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Her name is Viktoriya Ilina-Levy , her website is below !

Home
The child would be five years old by now - a little too old IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island