Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:20 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times

Advertisements

You go up against a big corporation, expect them to find some way to *********, with little recourse on your end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 03:28 PM

78 posts, read 108,961 times
My experience in Woodbury Meadows senior village has been a never ending nightmare. I had to move there three years ago this month when my family suddenly decided to sell our house.

Unless you insist on not living on the ground floor of Fairfield senior villages on Long Island you better think twice about those co-ops. I can't afford to live elsewhere until I retire and get off this miserable island so I'm stuck here until then-that is, if living like this doesn't kill me first. I've been sued by them on purely hearsay complaints from the downstairs nut case. Fairfield took her word for it and sued me for over $600. And if I didn't contest the totally baseless complaint after that one I'd would have been sued for over $1000.-even though the attorney told my attorney and me during a conference call that I should never have been sued in the first place. Yeah, well then why did they??

Of course, I was warned by the co-op board the week I moved there that the floors "were very thin". Like that's my fault. All I ever did was walk on the ULTRA thin carpeted floors at night, which I have no intention of spending thousands to replace.Once when I dropped my TV remote the nut case downstairs stood outside the next morning as I was leaving for work and complained about "the noise". Once she called me up at night threatening to call the cops.This went on and on until Fairfield demanded to see if i really had wall to wall carpeting. So i had to leave early from work and let them in. She took photos and that was that. So I thought. Of course, I have a perfect right to walk anywhere in my co-op at 2am on weekends. But after being harassed by the nut case, I spent over $1700. on Karastan remanants to place on top of the old carpeting in almost every walk space. STILL I get complaints from this 85 year old nut case. Leave it to a cheap outfit like Fairfield to rent out living space with second story flooring of clearly inferior build quality.

I've heard other horror stories about Fairfield. There was a report on News12 a few years ago about a single mother with three kids in a Fairfield appt in Farmingdale who was without hot water for weeks. I wish there was a better country to retire to. Thanks to its so-called "leadership" the quality of life in this one only gets worse year after year.

Last edited by Longislandmire; 04-02-2021 at 03:38 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 08:03 PM

718 posts, read 619,177 times
I know people who have lived there. They have complained that they are very SLOW to fix anything. Plenty of excuses, games, and the non sense that go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island