Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times

Advertisements

From Newsday mobile for all to read:

Immigrant advocate protest at King's office
Search Result item

Quote:
"Opponents say the requirement would discourage companies from hiring immigrants. 'In essence, E-Verify will be used as another way to attack immigrant workers,' said Carlos Canales, a day labor organizer."
FTFY:

Opponents say the requirement would discourage companies from hiring illegal aliens. “In essence, E-Verify will be used as another way to attack illegal alien workers,” said Carlos Canales, a day labor organizer.

Who do these people think they are fooling with their "protest" at Peter King's office in Massapequa Park?

LEGAL immigrants are a part of E-Verify. If you are a LEGAL immigrant, your employment is not being discouraged and you have nothing to fear. There is no need for a "protest march" in Massapequa Park. Stay home. Actually, GO home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,643 times
Sounds like ICE will have their hands full. Better bring a bus.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,140 times
What a joke. If they're legal, then they have nothing to worry about.

Who's going?

JIW?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,643 times
I'll be there with my T-shirt on

Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
What a joke. If they're legal, then they have nothing to worry about.

Who's going?

JIW?
true, quite amazing.

might be too many bus transfers/crowded buses to get there for him but I wish he could document it for us

Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
I'll be there with my T-shirt on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
true, quite amazing.

might be too many bus transfers/crowded buses to get there for him but I wish he could document it for us
haha

Perhaps we should hold a welcoming party for this fraudulent group tomorrow -- Texan style... Who's got a harley they could lend me??

Joe Horn Supporters Run Off Black Panthers (Uncut Version) - YouTube

Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,712 times
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who
have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength
also attracts unauthorized employment. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work
in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce. Perhaps the strangest part,
is that even when a fraudulent S.S. number is submitted to an employer, there are still wage deductions taken from that employee and forwarded to the
S.S. Administration. As long as they are receiving this revenue, the administration seems to care less about the validity of these account numbers until
they are called upon to begin a benefit payout and these bogus account numbers are called into question. The beauty of E-verify, is that it expedites the
process, allowing the employer to move along with the business of doing business, unencumbered by excessive red-tape. I can't see the downside of having
"Big Brother", minding the store in this regard, after all, like those red-light cameras, the E-Verify system is intended for the good of, "We, the people", those
of US who are enjoined to the United States of America, legitimately and legally, and besides, there's just got to be more to the internet, than facebook...

Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM

Good post Eddie.
You going? I'm going to swing by but might be late.

Let's hope the Piney News is there to cover it.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Good post Eddie.
You going? I'm going to swing by but might be late.

Let's hope the Piney News is there to cover it.
I'm stuck in the city as usual. If I was able to take off I would go and make my own sign that says, "Legal Immigrants Welcome; Illegal Aliens Get Lost!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island