Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times

Advertisements

An oddball post but I saw comedian Jim Breuer who is from LI at Govs last night and the 1st 10 minutes was the most hilarious rip on LI "complainers" (of which I'm the poster child) ever! It was like a character made up of half this forum. First he said he played Govs 10 years ago and "it's the same crowd. Everyone said they were leaving but NO ONE left! Then, with cranky indignation...."I'm gettin out of here...do you know what I pay for this little sliver of grass...12 THOUSAND in friggin taxes...my cousin went to Arizona and got 350 acres and you know what he pays...like 23 cents....you know I pay like 14 thousand dollars...see this property, you just crossed it, that's it, two steps and you're out of the neighborhood...I'm getting out of here...I only have 22 more years and then I'm so friggin out of this place...Im the only American...I can't recognize the smells of what my neighbors are cooking...it takes 9 days to get to the city...the LIE is owned by the mafia and there's a conspiracy to keep working on one lane since 1928...do you know what I pay...like 16 THOUSAND dollars in taxes!!" Then he closed with

"You're not going anywhere!" "20 years from now we'll all be RIGHT HERE."

Wish I had it on video. Rare that a comedian that is such a pro and so funny can be that spot on topical and relate to the whole crowd like that. The opening act ascertained that there was hardly a single person in the crowd. It was all married w/ kids couples on their "date night out." He's 44 and nailed it so spot on people were crying with laughter.

If you get to see Breuer on LI, GO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 08:28 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
I love Breuer! I wish i knew he was going to be there. He is always a great guest on Stern especially when he talks about LI and working at Sears in Valley Stream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: