Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 AM

783 posts, read 1,424,389 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good animal control company servicing Nassau? I think I have a squirrel stuck between my walls. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,007 times
Oh no!! Poor thing!!
Try: Volunteers for Wildlife - Home They could point you in the right direction! They're a wonderful organization.
Also Squirrel Sanctuary Inc

I recommend these rescue places because if the Squirrel is alive it might be injured and these people could help if it requires medical care.

Good Luck!!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 AM

111 posts, read 223,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Oh no!! Poor thing!!
Try: Volunteers for Wildlife - Home They could point you in the right direction! They're a wonderful organization.
Also Squirrel Sanctuary Inc

I recommend these rescue places because if the Squirrel is alive it might be injured and these people could help if it requires medical care.

Good Luck!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for advocating humane treatment. Pest control does not need to involve cruelty.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Century View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for advocating humane treatment. Pest control does not need to involve cruelty.
You're welcome. I only hope the OP follows this advice. If they call animal control, more than likely the squirrel would be euthanized.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,748,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMing View Post
Can anyone recommend a good animal control company servicing Nassau? I think I have a squirrel stuck between my walls. Thanks.
I know guy with a killer cat if you need that will rip the squirrel to shreds .

Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,129,851 times
Sorry IlonaG but I will welcome you with open arms if you want to come and repair the damage the squirrels and rabbits have done in my yard. I spent a small fortune landscaping with dutch tulip bulbs by the 100's among others. I can't tell you the damage they did. I finally gave up. they even ate them out of the pots when I gave up in the garden itself.
To me there is no reason for a squirrel rabbit etc. to be in my yard so the only good squirrel is a dead one. Let them live in the forest.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,976,076 times
I bet a little bird shot through the wall would do wonders. Or maybe just get behind the wall and sprayfoam it

Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimbaMidwood View Post
Hello again Long Islanders. I just want to thank you all again for answering me a couple of weeks ago. Hope all are fine.

I still read some things on CD and I find this squirrel post interesting.

Here in Kansas no one rescues squirrels. I have some kin that still hunt and eat them. I dont do that but its not uncommon here. I think there is no such thing as rescuing a squirrel here.
Usually when squirrels become a nuisance we grab the 410 shotgun and shoot them. They are considered pests by many farmers here.
As a kid we use to eat them when we went to kin homes but I never really liked them. They do look like rats

God Bless all
UGH!!
Don't we have enough animals that are actually raised for food?
I realize people in the south pretty much eat anything (squirrel, opossum, alligators) but this is all gross to me.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,754,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
UGH!!
Don't we have enough animals that are actually raised for food?
I realize people in the south pretty much eat anything (squirrel, opossum, alligators) but this is all gross to me.
Alligators?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Sorry IlonaG but I will welcome you with open arms if you want to come and repair the damage the squirrels and rabbits have done in my yard. I spent a small fortune landscaping with dutch tulip bulbs by the 100's among others. I can't tell you the damage they did. I finally gave up. they even ate them out of the pots when I gave up in the garden itself.
To me there is no reason for a squirrel rabbit etc. to be in my yard so the only good squirrel is a dead one. Let them live in the forest.
How about learning to co-exist with our wildlife. Feel free to contact any of the wildlife rescue/rehabbers on LI. They can give sound advice on how to live with our fellow creatures.

Let them live in the forest? What forest? Maybe when humans STOP overbuilding and destroying animal's habitats! My next door neighbor recently sold their house. Guess what? A huge 100 year old HEALTHY OAK tree was destroyed by the new owners, along with every other tree, flower bushes and hedges. WHY? In order to build not one but TWO new houses. Where are the squirrels who lived in that tree supposed to go?

In the case of the OP, the trapped squirrel may be suffering! (YES believe it or not, squirrels DO FEEL PAIN).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island