Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:28 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
why dont you look this info up yourself instead of poluting this thread with your mindless chatter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 03:16 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
i know this thread is two years old but just making a relevant comment about this restaurant's closing (which I just learned of today upon reading this thread):

Damn, I was thinking about this restaurant just yesterday and said to myself, that, when I am next back in the area (on Long Island), I would like to go there again. I was there only once. It was rather a charming and nostalgic place. My mother (deceased now) had taken me there once in the 1990s perhaps. Someone had taken her to this restaurant and then she later took me to this restaurant. It was a kick (like going back in a time machine to the early-to-mid 1900s in wartime Europe). I normally don't eat this type of food anyway (trying to be cognizant of my health) but hoped I could find something in there to eat or drink so that I could patronize it once again. I guess I won't have the chance anymore now. Oh well!

But I will plan to see the American Airpower Museum on the grounds of Republic Airport, which I hadn't gotten the chance to explore yet (though having passed it a number of times). And also the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City. While they are both still open.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:19 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
i know this thread is two years old but just making a relevant comment about this restaurant's closing (which I just learned of today upon reading this thread):

Damn, I was thinking about this restaurant just yesterday and said to myself, that, when I am next back in the area (on Long Island), I would like to go there again. I was there only once. It was rather a charming and nostalgic place. My mother (deceased now) had taken me there once in the 1990s perhaps. Someone had taken her to this restaurant and then she later took me to this restaurant. It was a kick (like going back in a time machine to the early-to-mid 1900s in wartime Europe). I normally don't eat this type of food anyway (trying to be cognizant of my health) but hoped I could find something in there to eat or drink so that I could patronize it once again. I guess I won't have the chance anymore now. Oh well!

But I will plan to see the American Airpower Museum on the grounds of Republic Airport, which I hadn't gotten the chance to explore yet (though having passed it a number of times). And also the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City. While they are both still open.
You might wish to include this:
Museum on Long Island | US Military Armor Museum – Bethpage, NY |

Old 11-17-2014, 04:18 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Yes, along with the above that you mentioned, I'd also like to sometime get to see the following (listed in alphabetical order):

Amityville Historical Society - Lauder Museum (Amityville)
Atlantis Marine World (Riverhead)
Babylon Village Historical Society Museum (Babylon)
Bethpage State Park (Bethpage)
DNA Learning Center (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories)
East End Seaport Museum & Marine Foundation (Greenport)
Grumman Memorial Park (Calverton)
Huntington Lighthouse (Huntington Harbor)
Jayne’s Hill (West Hills: highest point in Long Island)
John Coltrane House (Dix Hills)
Long Island Cultural History Laboratory and Museum (Stony Brook)
Long Island Maritime Museum (West Sayville)
Long Island Museum of American Art, History and Carriages (Stony Brook)
Louis Armstrong Home (Corona, Queens)
Nassau County Museum of Art (Roslyn Harbor)
Northport Historical Society and Museum (Northport)
Oheka Castle (Huntington)
Old Bethpage Village Restoration (Bethpage)
Old Westbury Gardens (Old Westbury)
Pilgrim Psychiatric Center Museum (West Brentwood)
Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park (Oyster Bay)
Railroad Museum of Long Island (two locations: Greenport and Riverhead)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Cove Neck) <==== saw once when I was a small child
Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities (Cold Spring Harbor)
Suffolk County Historical Museum (Riverhead)
Three Village Historical Society (Setauket)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island