Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM

94 posts, read 131,575 times

Advertisements

I got on conductor's cab #1705 on Willets-Point-bound departed Junction Blvd @ 8:21, arrived Mets-Willets Point at 8:26.
Total time on subway: 5 minutes.
Next, I got on same cab #1791 departed 8:29, arrived Flushing-Main St @ 8:34.
Total time: 5 minutes.

I got on 8:45 n20l Limited Hicksville #1591, which departed Roosevelt Av/Main St 4 minutes early at 8:41.
At Middle Neck Rd, he almost went to Great Neck Loop until one of passenger remind him he was limited.
At Plandome Rd, we catch up with 8:25 n20 Roslyn in lead, followed by 8:30 n20 Hicksville local.
Suppose to arrived Northern Blvd/Glen Clove Rd @ 9:27, but arrived 10 minutes late at 9:37.
Total time: 56 minutes.

Next, 8:55 n27 Roosevelt Field Mall #1706 that suppose to arrived 9:15, arrive/departed 9:42, 27 minutes late, and suppose to arrived Roosevelt Field Mall at 9:39, arrived at 10:09, 10 minutes late
Total time: 27 minutes.

Next, I got on 10:28 n15 Long Beach departed 1 minute early at 10:27.
Few stops before Island Park, rear door got disabled, so female driver on this one stopped at next bus stop, open the back of bus to turn off the beeping noise.
It was schedule to arrival at Long Beach Station at 11:35, arrived 1 minute early at 11:34.
Total time: 67 minutes.

I got n33 and Ronkonhonma Branch schedule andI went to bus terminal and ask City of Long Beach Bus Operators on Point Lookout N69 bus if that NICE Bus stopping in that terminal and he said, only our buses while n15/n33 were stopping outside train station.
I bought some kind off cheese-bakery thing that in package.

I boarded 11:50 n33 Far Rockaway #1719 which departed 6 minutes late at 13:56, supposed to arrived Beach 21st St/Mott Av @ 12:15, however it was 12:26, 11 minutes late.
Total time: 30 minutes late.

I boarded Rockaway Park-bound Q22 #3519 departed 12:30, arrived Seagirt Blvd/Crest Rd @ 12:34.
Total time on MTA Bus: 4 minutes.

Next, I got on 12:50 n32 Hempstead #1723 departed 1 minute early at 12:49 which was schedule to arrive Hempstead Transit Center at 13:48.
After bus got on Broadway,it was about 30 people onboard, 1723 got reset at Cocklin Av, then BROKE DOWN at Johnson Place at 13:25, arrival time suppose to be 13:12, 13 minutes late.Some people got off the bus.
Total time: 36 minutes.
We sit in the bus 1 hour until 13:30 n32 Hempstead #1556 showed up schedule time of 13:53, departed 6 minutes late at 13:59.
When male driver got to Lynbrook Station, he told his passenger, "I QUIT." and passenger asked if he was serious and he was.
Everyone who was on broken down bus, 13:30 n32 bus or passenger boarding n32 was worry until female driver came to relief him. Male driver should have stayed until female driver comes to bus for passenger safety because there are lots of criminals who might steal anything.
Due to our bus #1723 broke down, #1556 was EXTREMELY OVERCROWDED FROM REAR TO FRONT, suppose to arrival 14:28, however arrived at 14:43, 15 minutes late.
Total time: 44 minutes.
Total time combined #1723/#1556: 114 minutes. 1 hour and 54 minutes.
All these drivers told me wheelchair lift/ramps were working.

I mad mad rush to Hempstead Free Public Library, and got visitor pass to use internet quickly, use Job Computer, but it came out faded.
I rush out of library back to Hempstead Transit Center where I boarded 15:15 n70 Melville #1786 which was female driver, and she was properly new driver and not PASSENGER COURTESY.
I paid my fare on 30-Day MetroCard, however farebox wouldn't read my card for some reason. I told her it was asking on all other buses I took and she refused to move her bus until I paid my fare, which I did paid and I was charge $2.25 on my seperate Regular MetroCard. I was so pissed, I called friend of my Cindy Tropeano, union and bus operator who is only member of LIB Riders Union, and then I called NICE Bus Customer service which male operator wasn't NICE at all.
This female driver refused to tell me if lift/ramp is working.
She left 4 minutes early at 15:11.
I asked passenger sitting next to me and I had to rely on my time on digital camera, announcement indicator and bus schedule, so I wouldn't miss my stop.
She was suppose to arrived Conklin/Main Sts at 13:54, arrived 13:56, 2 minutes late.
I asked her if this bus was stop for Farmingdale Station, however SHE REFUSED TO HELP PASSENGER WHO NEED DIRECTION AND SHE IGNORE MY HELP, which was EXTREME RUDE and even thought I was unfamiliar with Farmingdale, so I had to get off there not knowing I got off at correct stop and so I was forced to go into Blimpie Fast Food store to ask employee if I got off at right place for train station and she told me yes and gave me direction.
Total time: 45 minutes.

I stopped by at Chinese Food to see what they have in menu, but not much.
So, I walk until I got to Hot Wing, which female employee was good looking which I ordered 5 pieces of boneless Chicken Wing with Western Texas flavor and Ranch dressing along with iced tea can and small size of french fries.
While I was waiting for my lunch/dinner, I asked her about Hurricane Sandy and she told me she lost power for 14-days.
After my order arrive, I asked one of customer who was waiting for their order to untie knot and he did, so I said thank you.
After I tasted my food at new place, I gave about 52 cent tip which made her and employee happy.

I walk quickly to Farmingdale Station, where MTA Bus from College Point #3018 was doing LIRR Shuttle Bus to hotel.
Nice LIRR Employee call to MTA Officials that one of pre-register speak was on the way.
While I was waiting in bus with male B/O, Able-Ride came up and I hurried to Veolia Driver told hand him "Report an Incident Form" and he was happy and I went back on shuttle bus.
After train left and with 2 people, Melville Marriot-bound Shuttle Bus departed at 16:32, and arrived Melville Marriot Hotel @ 16:57.
Total time: 15 minutes.
It was beautiful hotel I ever seen in Nassau County, so one of media in front of sign, then went up 2nd floor's grand ballroom.
After I made my speech, there were recess because not so many people.
After I finish my lunch, I asked one of MTA employee if there's place to use internet and she showed me. She asked hotel employee if I could use internet and she said sure. This hotel receptionist was excellent customer service and when I ask if this computer has printer, she said yes and I printed 10 copies of my 2 page testimony and I handed to Newsday, another press/journalist, MTA, Bridge & Tunnel, News 4 and non-MTA Officials. I handed to three media/journalist my copy of Report An Incident Form with English/Spanish, Chinese/Korean flier translated by Asian Center Translation Center in Queens Community College, and form sheet for Report An Incident."
After that few minutes, I got back on same bus #3018 departed 18:55, arrived Farmingdale Station @ 19:10.
I asked LIRR employee if there was deli store nearby but I couldn't figured out, so I asked another LIRR employee and he told me there was 7-11 on right at 2nd stop sign.
Then, when I was near All Island Taxi trailer, I was little confused and went up to trailer, but no dispatcher to help me, so I walked on direction given by LIRR Employees, I found 7-11 on other side of train track and purchase medium size of Cool Nestea Iced Tea and M&M to go.
I rush back to Farmingdale Station, where 19:13 Ronkonkoma Branch was being held which was suppose to arrived at 19:40 due to mechanic problem, it was held 9-8-7 minutes and came in at 9:46, departed 9:47, 7 minutes behind schedule.
It made unschedule stop at Merillion Av and New Hyde Park, then usual stop including Hillside Facility, then door problem at Jamaica, where I got off Woodside, 20:30, suppose to arrived 20:22, 8 minutes late.
Total time on Train: 43 minutes.
When I swiped my 30-Day MetroCard at 61st St-Woodside, turnstile read my MetroCard. I was afraid that farebox on NICE Bus might reset my 30-Day MetroCard to July 2012. Then I knew, it was the nasty female driver on n70 who doesn't know how to reset farebox.

I boarded front car #2130 on Flushing-bound Express departed 20:36, arrived Junction Blvd at 20:39.
Total time on Subway: 3 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,328,353 times
Now this.
Boy, 6, Killed After Bus Crashes Into His House on Long Island | NBC New York

This is what happens when you have a private company come in and say they can provide a similar level of service for less. The MTA knew it couldn't be done. The new company has cut labor and maintanance to the bone, so you're left with buses breaking down constantly, inexperienced drivers who run late, get lost, or drive unsafely. While the accident could've been caused by a number of factors, including a reckless pedestrian or the weather, one cannot be suprised if an overworked driver or poorly maintained bus that had difficulty controlling were factors too. My condolences go out to the family of the child as well as the driver, who will have to live with this for the rest of his life, and on his record.
Many drivers are quitting, and like you saw, many leaving right on the job. Hopefully the State will come in and force Nassau's hand in returning to the MTA. If I was the Governor, I'd have had Mangano and the County Leg. thrown in jail for nonpayment of MTA service. If they cant properly fund and safely run a bus system they are incapable of serving office!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 AM

344 posts, read 718,456 times
One of best post I've seen in a while.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,766,429 times
Wow....

Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,071,610 times
Why would the VAST majority of Long Islanders care about the bus system. Its for undocumented immigrants, people too poor or cheap to drive a car, or for DWI criminals who have lost their license.

I think bus riders should be grateful for whatever they have and not complain.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM

1,145 posts, read 3,002,200 times
Were you doing this to prove a point- obviously you could have just taken LIRR from Jamaica to Farmingdale and taken 60 minutes to get there instead of 600.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,248,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousNYLover View Post
I got on conductor's cab #1705 on Willets-Point-bound departed Junction Blvd @ 8:21, arrived Mets-Willets Point at 8:26.
Total time on subway: 5 minutes.
Next, I got on same cab #1791 departed 8:29, arrived Flushing-Main St @ 8:34.
Total time: 5 minutes.

I got on 8:45 n20l Limited Hicksville #1591, which departed Roosevelt Av/Main St 4 minutes early at 8:41.
At Middle Neck Rd, he almost went to Great Neck Loop until one of passenger remind him he was limited.
At Plandome Rd, we catch up with 8:25 n20 Roslyn in lead, followed by 8:30 n20 Hicksville local.
Suppose to arrived Northern Blvd/Glen Clove Rd @ 9:27, but arrived 10 minutes late at 9:37.
Total time: 56 minutes.

Next, 8:55 n27 Roosevelt Field Mall #1706 that suppose to arrived 9:15, arrive/departed 9:42, 27 minutes late, and suppose to arrived Roosevelt Field Mall at 9:39, arrived at 10:09, 10 minutes late
Total time: 27 minutes.

Next, I got on 10:28 n15 Long Beach departed 1 minute early at 10:27.
Few stops before Island Park, rear door got disabled, so female driver on this one stopped at next bus stop, open the back of bus to turn off the beeping noise.
It was schedule to arrival at Long Beach Station at 11:35, arrived 1 minute early at 11:34.
Total time: 67 minutes.

I got n33 and Ronkonhonma Branch schedule andI went to bus terminal and ask City of Long Beach Bus Operators on Point Lookout N69 bus if that NICE Bus stopping in that terminal and he said, only our buses while n15/n33 were stopping outside train station.

I boarded 11:50 n33 Far Rockaway #1719 which departed 6 minutes late at 13:56, supposed to arrived Beach 21st St/Mott Av @ 12:15, however it was 12:26, 11 minutes late.
Total time: 30 minutes late.

I boarded Rockaway Park-bound Q22 #3519 departed 12:30, arrived Seagirt Blvd/Crest Rd @ 12:34.
Total time on MTA Bus: 4 minutes.

Next, I got on 12:50 n32 Hempstead #1723 departed 1 minute early at 12:49 which was schedule to arrive Hempstead Transit Center at 13:48.
After bus got on Broadway,it was about 30 people onboard, 1723 got reset at Cocklin Av, then BROKE DOWN at Johnson Place at 13:25, arrival time suppose to be 13:12, 13 minutes late.Some people got off the bus.
Total time: 36 minutes.
We sit in the bus 1 hour until 13:30 n32 Hempstead #1556 showed up schedule time of 13:53, departed 6 minutes late at 13:59.
When male driver got to Lynbrook Station, he told his passenger, "I QUIT." and passenger asked if he was serious and he was.
Everyone who was on broken down bus, 13:30 n32 bus or passenger boarding n32 was worry until female driver came to relief him. Male driver should have stayed until female driver comes to bus for passenger safety because there are lots of criminals who might steal anything.
Due to our bus #1723 broke down, #1556 was EXTREMELY OVERCROWDED FROM REAR TO FRONT, suppose to arrival 14:28, however arrived at 14:43, 15 minutes late.
Total time: 44 minutes.
Total time combined #1723/#1556: 114 minutes. 1 hour and 54 minutes.
All these drivers told me wheelchair lift/ramps were working.

I mad mad rush to Hempstead Free Public Library, and got visitor pass to use internet quickly, use Job Computer, but it came out faded.
I rush out of library back to Hempstead Transit Center where I boarded 15:15 n70 Melville #1786 which was female driver, and she was properly new driver and not PASSENGER COURTESY.
I paid my fare on 30-Day MetroCard, however farebox wouldn't read my card for some reason. I told her it was asking on all other buses I took and she refused to move her bus until I paid my fare, which I did paid and I was charge $2.25 on my seperate Regular MetroCard. I was so pissed, I called friend of my Cindy Tropeano, union and bus operator who is only member of LIB Riders Union, and then I called NICE Bus Customer service which male operator wasn't NICE at all.
This female driver refused to tell me if lift/ramp is working.
She left 4 minutes early at 15:11.
I asked passenger sitting next to me and I had to rely on my time on digital camera, announcement indicator and bus schedule, so I wouldn't miss my stop.
She was suppose to arrived Conklin/Main Sts at 13:54, arrived 13:56, 2 minutes late.
I asked her if this bus was stop for Farmingdale Station, however SHE REFUSED TO HELP PASSENGER WHO NEED DIRECTION AND SHE IGNORE MY HELP, which was EXTREME RUDE and even thought I was unfamiliar with Farmingdale, so I had to get off there not knowing I got off at correct stop and so I was forced to go into Blimpie Fast Food store to ask employee if I got off at right place for train station and she told me yes and gave me direction.
Total time: 45 minutes.

I stopped by at Chinese Food to see what they have in menu, but not much.
So, I walk until I got to Hot Wing, which female employee was good looking which I ordered 5 pieces of boneless Chicken Wing with Western Texas flavor and Ranch dressing along with iced tea can and small size of french fries.
While I was waiting for my lunch/dinner, I asked her about Hurricane Sandy and she told me she lost power for 14-days.
After my order arrive, I asked one of customer who was waiting for their order to untie knot and he did, so I said thank you.
After I tasted my food at new place, I gave about 52 cent tip which made her and employee happy.

I walk quickly to Farmingdale Station, where MTA Bus from College Point #3018 was doing LIRR Shuttle Bus to hotel.
Nice LIRR Employee call to MTA Officials that one of pre-register speak was on the way.
While I was waiting in bus with male B/O, Able-Ride came up and I hurried to Veolia Driver told hand him "Report an Incident Form" and he was happy and I went back on shuttle bus.
After train left and with 2 people, Melville Marriot-bound Shuttle Bus departed at 16:32, and arrived Melville Marriot Hotel @ 16:57.
Total time: 15 minutes.
It was beautiful hotel I ever seen in Nassau County, so one of media in front of sign, then went up 2nd floor's grand ballroom.
After I finish my lunch, I asked one of MTA employee if there's place to use internet and she showed me. She asked hotel employee if I could use internet and she said sure. This hotel receptionist was excellent customer service and when I ask if this computer has printer, she said yes and I printed 10 copies of my 2 page testimony and I handed to Newsday, another press/journalist, MTA, Bridge & Tunnel, News 4 and non-MTA Officials. I handed to three media/journalist my copy of Report An Incident Form with English/Spanish, Chinese/Korean flier translated by Asian Center Translation Center in Queens Community College, and form sheet for Report An Incident."
After that few minutes, I got back on same bus #3018 departed 18:55, arrived Farmingdale Station @ 19:10.
I asked LIRR employee if there was deli store nearby but I couldn't figured out, so I asked another LIRR employee and he told me there was 7-11 on right at 2nd stop sign.
Then, when I was near All Island Taxi trailer, I was little confused and went up to trailer, but no dispatcher to help me, so I walked on direction given by LIRR Employees, I found 7-11 on other side of train track and purchase medium size of Cool Nestea Iced Tea and M&M to go.
I rush back to Farmingdale Station, where 19:13 Ronkonkoma Branch was being held which was suppose to arrived at 19:40 due to mechanic problem, it was held 9-8-7 minutes and came in at 9:46, departed 9:47, 7 minutes behind schedule.
It made unschedule stop at Merillion Av and New Hyde Park, then usual stop including Hillside Facility, then door problem at Jamaica, where I got off Woodside, 20:30, suppose to arrived 20:22, 8 minutes late.
Total time on Train: 43 minutes.
When I swiped my 30-Day MetroCard at 61st St-Woodside, turnstile read my MetroCard. I was afraid that farebox on NICE Bus might reset my 30-Day MetroCard to July 2012. Then I knew, it was the nasty female driver on n70 who doesn't know how to reset farebox.

I boarded front car #2130 on Flushing-bound Express departed 20:36, arrived Junction Blvd at 20:39.
Total time on Subway: 3 minutes.
Was the 5 piece boneless chicken wings any good?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM

8,700 posts, read 11,098,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Why would the VAST majority of Long Islanders care about the bus system. Its for undocumented immigrants, people too poor or cheap to drive a car, or for DWI criminals who have lost their license.

I think bus riders should be grateful for whatever they have and not complain.
there is some truth that most LI residents don't take the bus. If the bus were to cease to exist, I am absolutely sure many of the lower end services that LI are so accustomed to will have a huge void.

Or better yet, all these immigrants will have 50 people crammed in one house NEXT door to you. I am sure you will cry to these forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM

573 posts, read 1,243,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Was the 5 piece boneless chicken wings any good?
Good enough to leave a 52 cent tip, for whatever that's worth.

Quote:
What knot needed untying?

Quote:
What was your speech about?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousNYLover View Post

....<SNIPPED>
I refuse to read past this point until you elaborate further on the cheese pastry in question...

What kind of packaging did it come in? Was it hostess or drakes brand? 7-11 brand?

Was it a cheese danish? Strudel?

Did it look like this:

Or like this?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island