Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM

110 posts, read 225,868 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a reliable, professional and reasonably priced moving company?
not moving far..from Hewlett to Rockville Centre..any input is appreciated..
Thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 AM

179 posts, read 494,165 times
www.yelp.com --- movers in hewlett. we ended up using 'flat rate' - which were decent. JP Urban was my runner up, dirt cheap, just didn't think he could handle such a large move in a day. yelp is a good place to start and then do a little more digging.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:22 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,646 times
pick and choose wisely. they will tell you one price then when you get there, the price gets jacked up when they tell you that peanuts, boxes and padding (blankets) are extra and it you dont use it when they have it shipped and it gets damaged, its on you.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 AM

46 posts, read 108,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
pick and choose wisely. they will tell you one price then when you get there, the price gets jacked up when they tell you that peanuts, boxes and padding (blankets) are extra and it you dont use it when they have it shipped and it gets damaged, its on you.
Taz, if you find this to be a normal occurrence, get written price quotes/guarantees before agreeing to the work. This way you have a leg to stand on when you only pay the agreed upon price and force them to "bill you" for the difference. Enjoy small claims court, they are on your side.

Also, don't forget to blast out horrible reviews for any company that is dishonest in this way. I go out of my way to read all reviews and opinions before selecting a company to work with, and will write my own if my experience was good, bad, or indifferent.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:36 PM

406 posts, read 875,002 times
Do not use Lov movers - those guys were crooks. They charged for tape, even though it wasn't mentioned AND I had a buttload of tape that I offered them to use. I had to haggle over moving blankets. They also damaged my son's crib, scratched up our floors and poked a hole in a wall in our new house.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 AM

9 posts, read 11,848 times
Definitely don't use Liberty Moving, the sales came to do estimation and then never feedback until I call them after 4 days, then they send the quote by "mail", not email. What years nowadays!?
How much stuff do you move? I am moving out this weekend, the whole house stuff (8 rooms). I got 5 movers to come to my home for estimation. 2 were local and quoted half from all the other three, yes, half cheaper but I am told to pay cash only and these two movers have no website neither no catalog. I have some antique furniture so I concern their reputation more. Then I searched the review of the other three, I eventually take the second highest offer, they have bind contact and include all packing supplies. If you want, I email my choice to your PM.

BTW, a friend is moving by himself as he hired a U-haul truck and have friends to do the moving work.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:51 AM

903 posts, read 3,581,194 times
We had a bad experience with quality moving and storage this year-the owner john case and his mother/receptionist who does the booking really messed us up. I would steer clear of them.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM

192 posts, read 355,120 times
I used Flat Rate movers and wholeheartedly recommend them. They were totally professional, all business, got everything done quickly and without even a single scratch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island