Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,060 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone, I'm new to blogging; have never done it, so here goes. I need to get home from Newark Liberty Airport on April 1, 2013 at around 11AM when I will land coming in from Florida from a trip to search for work and see family. I am recovering from treatment for a illness and don't have tons of energy and need to find the best way to get from the Airport to my home on South Shore of LI easily and yet, with less expense than these crazy limo services for $125.00!! I see there is an express bus from airport to Port Authority for $16.00. This bus supposedly leaves every 15 minutes from each Liberty Terminal (A, B, C). I suppose I could then taxi to Penn Station and take the LIRR home to a home based LIRR station nearby. Is this the "easier" process. Any help would be appreciated. SMB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Pay the $125 for a limo if you are not in the best of health.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
No, the easier process is to take the car service. The cheaper option will be more difficult. If you want easy, fly into JFK.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Why deal with the Port Authority? You can take NJ Transit from Newark to Penn Station. But if you have health issue, just suck it up and take the car.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No, the easier process is to take the car service. The cheaper option will be more difficult. If you want easy, fly into JFK.
Or LGA! OP probably "saved" a few bucks using Newark ... that a taxi or car service to LI will surely eat up! My family and friends all know my rule: if you're determined to "save" money by using Newark when you live on Long Island, (a) do not expect me or my husband to drop off or pick up and (b) do not complain to us how much the taxi costs or how inconvenient the public transportation option is!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Why deal with the Port Authority? You can take NJ Transit from Newark to Penn Station. But if you have health issue, just suck it up and take the car.
The thing is that it still requires an additional transfer (AirTrain-NJT train-LIRR train vs. bus-cab-LIRR train)

The train might be a little less delay-prone, since it obviously doesn't have to deal with any traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel.

I think they might have some vans from EWR to NY Penn, but I'm not sure. I think there's NYC Airporter and some other one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: