Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM

247 posts, read 483,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It could just be a ghost vehicle of some kids who died in the '70s in a horrible accident and now haunt random people at night.
This is not Sometimes They Come Back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:47 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It could just be a ghost vehicle of some kids who died in the '70s in a horrible accident and now haunt random people at night.
Wonder if it looks like this?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 PM

Anyone else experience something like this and share the resolution?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM

67 posts, read 111,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
it was my bravado that brought this forth upon me. .
Maybe, maybe not. You did something, perceived or real. They are a-holes....and will likely go away. If they were going to do something they would have already.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
install a video camera pointed in out the front window.

my buddy house had issues with his home being egged on. Now he whole house inside & out is wired with cameras. He can watch his home at work too.....everything is recorded.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM

Update:

My wife was out with her mother running some errands and found the punk's car parked at a gas station. Turns out he's a mechanic. Called the police. They showed up. Checked out the car. And then went in.

Turns out he lives in North Bellmore. Works in Wantagh. And has friends in South Bellmore. Admitted to provoking me. But would not admit to harassing us with incessant circling around the block.

Cops instructed him to stay out of our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-03-2013, 03:13 AM

909 posts, read 1,837,488 times
Quote:
Update:

My wife was out with her mother running some errands and found the punk's car parked at a gas station. Turns out he's a mechanic. Called the police. They showed up. Checked out the car. And then went in.

Turns out he lives in North Bellmore. Works in Wantagh. And has friends in South Bellmore. Admitted to provoking me. But would not admit to harassing us with incessant circling around the block.

Cops instructed him to stay out of our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds very dangerous.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
is there any police report to document this incident of the police warning? In case you need to file a restraining order of some sort.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
is there any police report to document this incident of the police warning? In case you need to file a restraining order of some sort.
Yes, I have a report, Officer's name, and Officer's patrol car number. He instructed me to specifically ask for his patrol car to come in any event because he is always closest to our area and he is the one that spoke to the guy and questioned him. In his candid, honest assessment, he says the kid is harmless and poses no threat or danger. He was most likely trying to get a rise out of me and finding any reactions from me humorous.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Yes, I have a report, Officer's name, and Officer's patrol car number. He instructed me to specifically ask for his patrol car to come in any event because he is always closest to our area and he is the one that spoke to the guy and questioned him. In his candid, honest assessment, he says the kid is harmless and poses no threat or danger. He was most likely trying to get a rise out of me and finding any reactions from me humorous.
I had a feeling this was it as I was reading and there was no vandalism. Just stupid jerks driving around the block looking and laughing "Oh they are closing the blinds and doors now! LOL!" They won't do anything now that the cops know who the driver is. I expect you will not see the jerks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island