Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 50,141 times

Advertisements

I am about to purchase a single family new construction in Bethpage. I like the house, but I am not too familiar with the area. I have two daughters 4 and 7, and my wife who doesn't work. I will be commuting to Brooklyn to work. We are Asian. Any thoughts? Things to watch out for? Comments? All are welcome and appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 01:03 PM

652 posts, read 2,265,116 times
Nothing negative that I know about over there. Bethpage always seemed like a real nice area to me...I live just on the other side of 495 in the Huntington area.
Seems like a great location if you have to commute to Brooklyn.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen8899 View Post
I am about to purchase a single family new construction in Bethpage. I like the house, but I am not too familiar with the area.

For those who may not be familiar with Bethpage:

Previously known as Central Park, Bethpage is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the central part of the Town of Oyster Bay, in the east part of Nassau County, along the Oyster Bay/Hempstead town line.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Bethpage in the Town of Oyster Bay is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Plainview; on the east by the Hamlet of Old Bethpage and the Village of Farmingdale; on the south by the Hamlet of Plainedge; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Levittown (the Oyster Bay/Hempstead town line) and the Hamlet of Hicksville.

The Hamlet of Bethpage has a different border than does the "Bethpage, NY 11714" postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Bethpage, NY 11714" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Bethpage and a place can be in the Hamlet of Bethpage and have other than a "Bethpage, NY 11714" mailing address): places with a "Bethpage, NY 11714" mailing address are in the Hamlet of Levittown in the Town of Hempstead, as well as in the Hamlet of Plainedge, and, at the same time, there are places that are in the Hamlet of Bethpage that have a "Hicksville, NY 11801" and a "Plainview, NY 11803" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County):

Excellent Long Island Geographic Resource

Old 11-17-2007, 09:10 PM

148 posts, read 556,967 times
Bethpage is great. I grew up there and now work there. Unfortunately I can't afford to move back. The schools are great too. There is a small Asian population and I havent heard of anything to worry about. I think you will love the town. It is very homey and community oriented.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:01 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times
oy vey oy vey oy vey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island