Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times

Advertisements

Tilrose has a heavy hispanic population, and section 8 residents, all multi-family homes and apartment buildings. Evidently there has been problems on the block with crime/drugs and gang crap, etc over the years. It's been like that as long as I can remember. As a kid I never had any problems walking down the block other than some cat-callin' and whistlin' at any girls I would be with.
As far as I know, most of the problems are contained to the street itself, so other than residents of the street I don't know who is making an issue of what goes on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 08:45 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katodrums View Post
I've been hearing things around town and seen a few posts on this forum about Oceanside "not being what it used to" and how the schools "used to be good but are worsening". I graduated from OHS (in the 80's) and was pretty happy there. I know all things and times change, but has anyone heard anything factual? Heard rumors of bad drug problems in the school. True? False? No more than any other suburb's problems?
Hey, I graduated O'side in 87. I remember some drug use back then. Long Beach Rd. is a traffic nightmare and it's slowly becoming Queens east, like someone stated. My parents still live there and have since the late 50's. I moved to central Va. and where I live now is like L.I. was 40-50 years ago.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 AM

25 posts, read 53,144 times
BigMike50 I've thought about moving out of state. Haven't looked at VA but what's it like down there as far as home prices, taxes, crime, schooling, and jobs? What part of central VA are you in?

Last edited by spidaman; 08-23-2009 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island