Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 PM

480 posts, read 669,299 times

Advertisements

So my fiancé and I spent the weekend checking our Holbrook and surrounding areas. We really feel that we will settle in the area of Holbrook. Not too far from Nassau. I wanted to get opinions from those IN Holbrook. We saw many nice areas and some that seem sketchy and not our type of style. Thankfully there are homes in our range that we really like that we hope to move into in two to three years. Things can change, job locations on LI but we have our eyes set on Holbrook now more than ever. We are excited for the future. Saw Farmingville and saw a good area but another home we saw was in a chain linked fence area with many "beware of dog" signs. Seemed like "drug homes". Not our thing. We saw Nesconset but too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,963,476 times
Thanks for the update. I was sitting here with anticipation of what your decision would be. It's great to hear the play-by-play of your thought process. Please let us know what your choices are for dinner for the next week as well.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
Thanks for the update. I was sitting here with anticipation of what your decision would be. It's great to hear the play-by-play of your thought process. Please let us know what your choices are for dinner for the next week as well.
Pasta with peppers and tomato sauce. Rigatoni.

Rice with peppers and onion and Iron Chef glaze.

Mexican take out.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Pasta with peppers and tomato sauce. Rigatoni.

Rice with peppers and onion and Iron Chef glaze.

Mexican take out.
Are you sure? I know how much you change your mind.

Plus are you sure you should be eating Mexican take out. You should be saving for the house in two years. You might want to take an extra DJ job.

LOL troll.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Are you sure? I know how much you change your mind.

Plus are you sure you should be eating Mexican take out. You should be saving for the house in two years. You might want to take an extra DJ job.

LOL troll.
Not a troll. Sorry. I'm asking questions how I want to. Not how others expect me to.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Not a troll. Sorry. I'm asking questions how I want to. Not how others expect me to.
Well the manner you like to ask questions are going to get you the answers you've been getting.

You're indecisive and irrational with your questions and choices. You're obviously young and naive, and have no idea what it's like to be an adult. You choose to rely on the advice of strangers to determine your life path.

So sad.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:04 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
what did you pre-qualify for?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:15 PM

852 posts, read 969,144 times
Most of Holbrook is pretty nice- other than the lettered avenues near Union ave./LI Ave (Letter avenues between LIE and portion Rd are good). 2 years from now? Who knows!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 PM

852 posts, read 969,144 times
Quote:
Well the manner you like to ask questions are going to get you the answers you've been getting.

You're indecisive and irrational with your questions and choices. You're obviously young and naive, and have no idea what it's like to be an adult. You choose to rely on the advice of strangers to determine your life path.

So sad.
Sad thing is: Buying a house with non-spouse; and being given a bunch of money, what seems like a "dream scenario" will likely end in ruin a year or two after the actual move. (I don't wish it on the OP, but that is the way these things work out when there is no real commitment in romance or finances)

Old 07-13-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbly Joe View Post
Sad thing is: Buying a house with non-spouse; and being given a bunch of money, what seems like a "dream scenario" will likely end in ruin a year or two after the actual move. (I don't wish it on the OP, but that is the way these things work out when there is no real commitment in romance or finances)
I'm engaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island