Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
We actually spent most of August in Naples and it averaged 90-92 degrees. Yes it was hot but humidity was no worse than here. The temps are a few degrees higher but early golf and inside by 11am unless we were at beach. Spotless trash-free beach I might add.
Do you have a bridge in Naples you'd like to sell us? Oh no? Perhaps a house you'd like to unload on someone here that got whipped into a frenzy by this thread and is now driven to leave LI because of eyesores here?

Naples, FL had the same humidity as LI? Seriously, that's not even close to being possible. We had just about zero humidity on LI.

A few degrees higher? Just a tiny few ... almost imperceptible? LOL! We had average temperatures 10-15 degrees lower than 90 - 92.

Besides, 90 to 92 degrees daily is NOT comfortably liveable, humidity or not. You know that since you did admit you're "inside by 11am." Hiding in the house ALL DAY definitely for weeks on end, perhaps for months on end, as early as 11am is not everyone's cup of tea, to put it mildly. There are plenty of clean beaches here too and, bonus, we don't have to risk sunstroke to use them all day in the summer either!

It's annoying and crazy to me how some of the expats will say anything to advertise wherever they moved to, even if it is blatantly out in left field. Nobody believes it. Nobody is impressed. Just admit there are a few things down there worse than LI. Now that would impress me. For the expats, how about a list of "a few things I actually do miss about Long Island?" That's a list I'd be interested in, since this is the Long Island forum, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 05:45 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Do you have a bridge in Naples you'd like to sell us? Oh no? Perhaps a house you'd like to unload on someone here that got whipped into a frenzy by this thread and is now driven to leave LI because of eyesores here?

Naples, FL had the same humidity as LI? Seriously, that's not even close to being possible. We had just about zero humidity on LI.

A few degrees higher? Just a tiny few ... almost imperceptible? LOL! We had average temperatures 10-15 degrees lower than 90 - 92.

Besides, 90 to 92 degrees daily is NOT comfortably liveable, humidity or not. You know that since you did admit you're "inside by 11am." Hiding in the house ALL DAY definitely for weeks on end, perhaps for months on end, as early as 11am is not everyone's cup of tea, to put it mildly. There are plenty of clean beaches here too and, bonus, we don't have to risk sunstroke to use them all day in the summer either!

It's annoying and crazy to me how some of the expats will say anything to advertise wherever they moved to, even if it is blatantly out in left field. Nobody believes it. Nobody is impressed. Just admit there are a few things down there worse than LI. Now that would impress me. For the expats, how about a list of "a few things I actually do miss about Long Island?" That's a list I'd be interested in, since this is the Long Island forum, after all.
Probably a geriatric. That one week of humidity this summer was brutal and it wasn't even that hot. Now comes the best weather of the year.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold69 View Post
Welcome to Detroit! nyuck nyuck nyuck
Hehehe! Yup, this vortex is starting to swirl again!

Seriously, though, we should think of a better nickname for Long Island than Detroit for the haters.

Other places have some good ones:

Chicago = Chiraq

Philadelphia = Killadelphia

Minneapolis = Murderapolis

Baltimore = Body More

East Oakland, CA = Killing Fields

West Oakland, CA = Baby Bagdad (sic)

Some even have merchandise!

Chicago = Official fan of Chiraq Tee Shirts | Zazzle

Minneapolis = Women's Clothing : Murderapolis

Old 09-13-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Probably a geriatric. That one week of humidity this summer was brutal and it wasn't even that hot. Now comes the best weather of the year.
How about a geriatric psychiatric patient?
Quote:
Psychosis (sy-KO-sis) is a broad term covering a range of mental illnesses associated with a loss of connection to reality.

Read more: Psychosis - body, last, causes, What Is Psychosis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island