Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 PM

480 posts, read 669,206 times

Advertisements

Drove around there recently. Houses look nice. Ranges of 320 and up seem to get people out of the more "less safer" area. I'm curious in those who live in Holbrook and commute to Nassau for work.

Couldn't really find any nice areas like on the North Shore so we were unsure where nice parks were. May have to look more.

Nice area depending on where you live I suppose. I've read other past posts on the area.

What areas are comparible in the western Suffolk area if at all tax wise (7k to 9k)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM

Um. I was talking in general. This has nothing to do with home searching.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Um. I was talking in general. This has nothing to do with home searching.
Nothing to do with home searching???? Then why are you mentioning property taxes, home prices and the "safeness" of the area? What happened to "I won't even look east of Locust Valley"? What kind of fun do you get out of this fantasy that you're going to buy a home when you live in China?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
Okay, I share your annoyance, but I'm going to be the dissenting voice here.

Your map, while hilarious at first, went too far with that marker in the Atlantic Ocean saying we should drop him off there with cement shoes. I know I'm going to be accused of being too sensitive, but somebody had to say it.
I wouldn't want him dropped off in my town either. I was excited when he ruled out Suffolk County.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:30 PM

Doing research makes me so happy

I won't go east of Locust Valley

Changed my mind, maybe Holbrook or Yaphank or Nesconset

Kings Park hasn't been asked about yet.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 AM

538 posts, read 1,007,864 times
Can you look for a different town

Or are you dead set on Holbrook

Cause you already asked about this one

Keeping track of each town helps

Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
By doing so it will help

And this way people will calm down

Lots of people come here & ask

Learning process is the main thing

Gotta remember, he's still a newbie

And he's doing this for the future.

Glad the future is only 2 years away...
Thank you for understanding. Seems like most people on here since they still live on Long Island don't have as much patience as someone like you. I commend you for your patience and respect.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:34 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

No one says you have to respond to a thread. Making rude, insulting comments will not be tolerated. Discussing another member is NOT allowed.

If you feel that a thread is a duplicate you can report it. Moderators make the decision as to what is allowed according to the Terms of Service.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island