Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:29 PM

402 posts, read 518,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Lakeview actually isn't apart of West Hempstead. Lakeview is it's own hamlet/census designated place.

The only link that it has to the hamlet of West Hempstead is it's mailing address.

HOWEVER, the Lakeview LIRR stop and the surrounding neighborhood IS in West Hempstead..which actually is strange.
Thanks for clarifying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 10,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Lakeview actually isn't apart of West Hempstead. Lakeview is it's own hamlet/census designated place.

The only link that it has to the hamlet of West Hempstead is it's mailing address. But there are plenty of examples on Long Island where a location's hamlet/village isn't reflected in their mailing address.

HOWEVER, the Lakeview LIRR stop and the surrounding neighborhood IS in West Hempstead but not in Lakeview..which actually is strange.
Can you please send the link or tell me where it says that? I am having trouble finding the info where it actually states that Lakeview is not part of West Hempstead. I have been checking the paperwork that the town has provided to the bank and it clearly says that it IS West Hempstead. In fact, it does not have the word "lakeview" anywhere in the documents. I also googled it still appears as part of west hempstead.
I do not want to come out as confrontational cuz i know that people could get a lil touchy. I just want to be clear about what I'm getting into.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:03 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times
Lakeview 11552 West Hempstead, NY Neighborhood Profile
This explains it.

Although, I admit to being surprised by the narrative on the neighborhood itself, and would question that.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:17 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,906,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM32 View Post
Can you please send the link or tell me where it says that? I am having trouble finding the info where it actually states that Lakeview is not part of West Hempstead. I have been checking the paperwork that the town has provided to the bank and it clearly says that it IS West Hempstead. In fact, it does not have the word "lakeview" anywhere in the documents. I also googled it still appears as part of west hempstead.
I do not want to come out as confrontational cuz i know that people could get a lil touchy. I just want to be clear about what I'm getting into.
If you go onto the 2010 US Census Bureau website, it is listed as Lakeview (CDP). CDP means census designated place. It also even has it's own demographic profile from the Census, which an area that's only a "neighborhood" wouldn't have.

Here is a link:
Lakeview CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Here's one for West Hempstead from the same site:
West Hempstead CDP Quickfacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 AM

61 posts, read 153,110 times
Lakeview is NOT part of West Hempstead at all. You must have wrong information. I grew up in West Hempstead and my family still lives there. Close to the Lakeview Train Station. The area near the Lakeview Library is OK.. Depends what you are looking for. It's mainly an african american middle class neighborhood that has more crime, robbery, drugs, etc then it's neighboring towns. There really is nothing to offer there too. I believe 1 Chinese take out and a deli that people just hang around at all times.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
To further complicate the matter, there are homes with a Rockville Centre zip code that are actually Lakeview. On MLSLI they are listed within the Rockville Centre category. They are usually among the more modestly priced homes and are in the Malverne school district.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 PM

151 posts, read 367,489 times
Lakeview is an area served by 2 zip codes..Rockville Centre and West Hempstead. The street I think the OP is talking about (Christopher Ct.) is considered W. Hempstead because it has a 11552 zip code. the zip codes are divided along Pinebrook Ave. any street accessible from Pinebrook Ave to the south, and ALL streets north have a W. Hempstead zip code. Any street accessible from Coolidge ave going North and ALL streets south have a R.V.C. zip code. I hope that explains it a little better

Old 02-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyone View Post
Lakeview is an area served by 2 zip codes..Rockville Centre and West Hempstead. The street I think the OP is talking about (Christopher Ct.) is considered W. Hempstead because it has a 11552 zip code. the zip codes are divided along Pinebrook Ave. any street accessible from Pinebrook Ave to the south, and ALL streets north have a W. Hempstead zip code. Any street accessible from Coolidge ave going North and ALL streets south have a R.V.C. zip code. I hope that explains it a little better
YES!! That's exactly the place.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyone View Post
You got it!1 that's is the street I'm talking about. Love those houses. big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island