Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM

893 posts, read 2,862,388 times

Advertisements

Thank you Long Island for the short 16 years of my existence you have gave me great friends, memories, and an education. But my must you take this all away from me the year of my senior year? I am currently a Junior and I am moving to Pennsylvania this spring or summer and I would be the new kid in town for my Senior year. The year where you have field trips, parties, prom, graduation and I will be experiencing this with out any of my best friends. Thank you for pricing my parents out of what I call home. Even though I think my town isnt aesthetically pleasing dosent mean you have to kick me out. Why cant you still be around the same price when my mom bought you for 175k but now your worth 400-500k? Why must you do that to us? Why must you do that to me?

Senior Year is going to suck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Thank you Long Island for the short 16 years of my existence you have gave me great friends, memories, and an education. But my must you take this all away from me the year of my senior year? I am currently a Junior and I am moving to Pennsylvania this spring or summer and I would be the new kid in town for my Senior year. The year where you have field trips, parties, prom, graduation and I will be experiencing this with out any of my best friends. Thank you for pricing my parents out of what I call home. Even though I think my town isnt aesthetically pleasing dosent mean you have to kick me out. Why cant you still be around the same price when my mom bought you for 175k but now your worth 400-500k? Why must you do that to us? Why must you do that to me?

I'm confused. Mom bought at 175K so how are you priced out? Could you rent for a year?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:

I'm very sorry that your parents weren't able to stay 1 more year for you. Things must really be tight. Whatever you do, try not to take your disappointment out on them -- they are probably very upset, too. They probably would have loved to have seen you graduate from the HS you've spent the past few years in. Moving is never easy, and doubly so when you have to take your child out of a place that has been home for so long.

Do you have any options -- like a family member (aunt, uncle, grandparent) with whom you could live for senior year?

If not, try to be open to the new school and new students. As much as you might not like it, you have to give it a chance. Before you know it, you'll be heading to the college of your own choosing.

Best of luck.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM

131 posts, read 610,152 times
Quote:

Explain your situation more in detail.

Anthony

Old 01-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'm very sorry that your parents weren't able to stay 1 more year for you. Things must really be tight. Whatever you do, try not to take your disappointment out on them -- they are probably very upset, too. They probably would have loved to have seen you graduate from the HS you've spent the past few years in. Moving is never easy, and doubly so when you have to take your child out of a place that has been home for so long.

Do you have any options -- like a family member (aunt, uncle, grandparent) with whom you could live for senior year?

If not, try to be open to the new school and new students. As much as you might not like it, you have to give it a chance. Before you know it, you'll be heading to the college of your own choosing.

Best of luck.
Nope all my family lives in Queens or Manhattan. I am going to have to accept the fact that I am going to move but it still is going to suck. College is going to be good tho, got straight 90's and in NHS so I should be able to get into a lot of colleges of my choosing (besides ivies).

Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I'm confused. Mom bought at 175K so how are you priced out? Could you rent for a year?
They refinanced or something, I dont know. I think its also the taxes.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Tymel,
Sounds like you're the type of person who will thrive no matter where you live. Best of luck to you in PA.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM

I probably will but I am saying that I probably wont have the quality of friends that I have here. Ive known these people for a while, and in PA i would only have 1 year to make friends than college.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
I probably will but I am saying that I probably wont have the quality of friends that I have here. Ive known these people for a while, and in PA i would only have 1 year to make friends than college.

Tymel.. I have to tell you someting really important. While H.S seems like your whole universe and the friends you have in them are the only friends you will ever have.. I will tell you this.. Once H.S is finished the world out there is SO huge. You will grow and change and morph from the young adult you are now to the Adult you will be. Along the way your thoughts, ideas about life, who you were and who you are will change. And..as you grow and change some people either change with you, or those that don't are left behind in your wake.. not in a sad or pathetic way, but rather in a way that you mutually outgrow each other. And.. what seems SO very significant now will be so very insignificant in the future.
I'm one who is friendly with everyone, but have only 2 woman I consider my very close and dear friends. The first is someone I didn't even know or meet till I was 24 years of age. We didn't go to H.S together, didn't even know each other. As a matter of fact I didn't even talk to or stay in touch with anyone from H.S afterwards...as we grew apart. The second is a girl that I DID know almost my entire life growing up, but during our H.S years we weren't friends that hung out together at all, although our parents knew each other well and we played soccer on teh same team. One day I was out with friend #1 meeting her friends and there walked in my friend #2. From there we grew together into a great friendship and now we both have kids that get together and play etc.
My point is this.. there are ALWAYS good friends to be made and good friends to be lost down the road of life. With the world wide web and all of our technology you will be able to stay in touch with old friends. Maybe you will always have contact with them or maybe your correspondence will grow further and few between as you each change and grow. AND..what is most exciting is that you will get to meet a whole bunch of new kids in a new school.. and maybe there will be a lifelong friend that you will grow together with.. meet your significant others with and start raising a family side by side as friends.. or maybe not.
And.. you'll enter the new school your senior year as a big mystery to all your fellow classmates. ... you never know, that could make you popular!! (although being popular is not what is important). You may think H.S is the best time of your life, but believe me it's only one of many. College is truly the most awesome time and there you will be making new friends too and starting all over again.
It could be very exciting for you.. and Iwish you teh best of luck..

Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,564 times
I can't see why your parents wouldn't just consider renting for a year for you to finish things out with your friends. That is a good option and I am sorry if they aren't considering your feelings about the move.

Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island