Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 02:46 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,214,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
That's a bs policy. If I like several comments a person makes, I should be able to give pts for them. It's not like these points are accounted for in the "real world".
LOL tried to rep you but can't do it again! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 03:07 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,511,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
LOL tried to rep you but can't do it again! LOL
Lol!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:25 PM

703 posts, read 1,176,014 times
Quote:
This isn't a sad, LI heartbreak story of the shortage of affordable housing on LI. You're missing the point that a lot of these illegal residents aren't just renting rooms, they're packing in like sardines on cots, rotating in shifts. That's slum housing. And they're doing it to save up as much cash as they can. Meanwhile, you have families killing themselves to make the same rent. Illegals aren't easy prey for this. They choose to enter/stay illegally and live like this. As an American you are saying that it's a manner in which no one wants to live. But I disagree and say it's a manner in which they're very accustomed to living before they even got here.
Yeah, I always think: I wouldn't want to live next to 16 people illegally aharing a 1 br apartment regardless of their nationality.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:03 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,332,036 times
Quote:
As soon as I saw the Bravo Supermarket open up here, I realized that my area is only catering to the issue.
I know I was pretty dissapointed when Bravo came to Post Ave. Not that the C-Town and Associated it replaced were much better. Hardly anyone speaks english there and prices are high and selection is low (mostly latin foods which I dont eat much of), it's not even on the level of a Key Food or IGA. We dont have any decent grocery places in Westbury, it's been one of my gripes for awhile.
I decent grocery would be so welcome on Post Ave, and I wish some investors would come along and give whoever owns the Bravo an offer they couldn't refuse so a decent grocery could come in. I know the spot is not large enough for a full size supermarket but it could be something on the size of the IGA in Massapequa Park or the Foodtown in N.Merrick.
Of course it is hard for a town or village to pick and choose what they want in their downtown. That would be more of a B.I.D. thing I think. We have an uphill battle I know. Look what was tagged ion front of the new apt bldg on Post Ave that is going up next to Alfredo's.

Pretty sure we know who did that. They need to start with Scally Place that block is almost entirely flophouses. Getting rid of these thugs & gangbangers won't be easy but it needs to be done in order for Westbury to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island