Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 07:24 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,484 times

Advertisements

"I love the smell of Lawnboy in the morning."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 PM

36 posts, read 44,434 times
It may sound petty or wrong to some but this is what I do. I used to bag anywhere from 30-40 bags of leaves every fall. Then one day I was off from work and watched the landscapers spend time blowing as many leaves as they could through my picket fence. So I replaced my fence with a solid panel fence. They still spent time blowing under,blowing into the street etc. I asked all my neighbors to talk to them but that didn't work. So now that I'm retired I went and purchased a gas blower. Now when the landscapers come (Tuesdays) I start my blower when they come and blow all my leaves to the landscapers truck. Now I enjoy them coming to me asking if I want a bag. I do the same in the summer. When they ask me to stop I give them the same answer they used to give me-It's not my fault!

Old 05-09-2016, 08:44 PM

519 posts, read 597,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigreese120 View Post
It may sound petty or wrong to some but this is what I do. I used to bag anywhere from 30-40 bags of leaves every fall. Then one day I was off from work and watched the landscapers spend time blowing as many leaves as they could through my picket fence. So I replaced my fence with a solid panel fence. They still spent time blowing under,blowing into the street etc. I asked all my neighbors to talk to them but that didn't work. So now that I'm retired I went and purchased a gas blower. Now when the landscapers come (Tuesdays) I start my blower when they come and blow all my leaves to the landscapers truck. Now I enjoy them coming to me asking if I want a bag. I do the same in the summer. When they ask me to stop I give them the same answer they used to give me-It's not my fault!
Bwaahahahaaa!!!!

Old 06-04-2016, 01:33 PM

36 posts, read 36,138 times
I wouldn't mind landscapers so much if they didn't come on weekends, I work all week and just want some peace and quiet on the weekend or have a bbq and not worry about the noise and particle pollution. I do my own lawn but most people on my block use this landscaper who happens to live at the end of the block. Every damn Saturday May-Oct from 2-6pm this guy's crew is going up and down street blowing **** all over and being super loud. I can't believe none of my neighbors care that they ruin the best part of the day every saturday. I tried talking to the landscaper but he was a super defensive ******* about it. I can't wait to move the hell outa this place.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:46 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
^ I don't think people who use landscapers want them to come Saturdays either, but these guys literally have hundreds of houses to do and some have to fall on Saturday. I also do my own and I mow on Saturdays because that's when I have time, but I don't run the damn blower, ever. Big difference between my mower and commercial mower noise too.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:41 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
^ I don't think people who use landscapers want them to come Saturdays either, but these guys literally have hundreds of houses to do and some have to fall on Saturday. I also do my own and I mow on Saturdays because that's when I have time, but I don't run the damn blower, ever. Big difference between my mower and commercial mower noise too.
Well if they were union landscapers, they wouldn't be working Saturday and Sunday.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
Eveyone wants super green lush steroid grass ..... they would rather slowly poison their family with carcinogens than have a (gasp) dandylion pop up.... land scapers keep the yards looking spotless and the property values up. Its all superficial nonsense... cant have it all unless you move to a farm in NC.. lol

Old 06-06-2016, 04:15 PM

15 posts, read 23,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Well if they were union landscapers, they wouldn't be working Saturday and Sunday.
Well played......

Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 AM

519 posts, read 597,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
And if there were a hypothetical union landscaper co., NO ONE (including the union guys here) would use them because they would cost triple the amount. Hypocrites.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,073,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
And if there were a hypothetical union landscaper co., NO ONE (including the union guys here) would use them because they would cost triple the amount. Hypocrites.
....and still go on strike because they need a few 100k a year safety supervisors to inspect the work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island