Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 03:13 PM

20,058 posts, read 20,867,177 times

Advertisements

I use absolutely nothing on my grass. I do have a pretty high tech irrigation system installed by yours truly. My yard is pesticide and fertilizer free. Mow it short and keep it watered and it will look fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 08:25 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post

Who says I find it? Hit ball into woods......enter woods and find a white ball. Then exit woods with a tick and/or poison ivy and then hit the ball again.
That's even worse than I thought...I never get ticks or poison ivy from my yard and gardens!

Old 07-25-2016, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 4,058 times
I am a landscaper. I do not employ any illegal aliens. I never start before 8 AM. I never blow stuff on someone else's lawn. i DO put up with people yelling at me, throwing crap at me, telling me how to mow their NEIGHBOR'S yard! Long Islanders want everything done for them, but then raise 10 kinds of hell when it gets done. Way too much inbreeding going on here. Like the retarded looking freak 500# woman who yells at me every week not to blow any grass into her driveway.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:58 AM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Let's make LI great again!

Old 07-26-2016, 03:18 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
^ I will say that landscapers do everything they can not to blow debris onto the neighbor's property - that's just asking for trouble. But they do blow remnants into the street (and into the air and there's a film of dust on my car). LIers do want a lot done for them - hell nobody even washes their own car anymore. Too many landscapers making them dirty too often perhaps.

My biggest peeve is they come ALL THE DAMN TIME with so many people around me having hired them. Within hearing distance (including the street backing us), there's only me and 1 other house who doesn't use them.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,411,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
^ I will say that landscapers do everything they can not to blow debris onto the neighbor's property - that's just asking for trouble. But they do blow remnants into the street (and into the air and there's a film of dust on my car). LIers do want a lot done for them - hell nobody even washes their own car anymore. Too many landscapers making them dirty too often perhaps.

My biggest peeve is they come ALL THE DAMN TIME with so many people around me having hired them. Within hearing distance (including the street backing us), there's only me and 1 other house who doesn't use them.
Where did you buy that silent lawnmower? Oh wait....you use the old push rotary one.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:47 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Where did you buy that silent lawnmower? Oh wait....you use the old push rotary one.
This has been covered many times. Commercial-grade mowers + blowers vs. my 6.5hp mower. Which is worse for neighbors? Now read the thread title again.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,411,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
This has been covered many times. Commercial-grade mowers + blowers vs. my 6.5hp mower. Which is worse for neighbors? Now read the thread title again.
Maybe the title should be "Do neighbors know how long it takes them to cut their lawn with their noisy 6.5 HP mower?"
My landscapers are in and out of my yard and next door neighbors and on their way in less than 15 minutes. That includes cut/edge/blow. The guy on the other side of me takes 2 hrs doing it himself. Then he plugs in his electric blower and that whines out front for another 30 minutes sounding like most of the City-Forum Long Island posters.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:50 AM

983 posts, read 725,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
just add more seed.
Looks great.
Do you do this in summer too? My grass hass huge patches of dormant grass...
New seeds would grow with this heat?

Old 07-28-2016, 05:55 AM

I seed all season. It's mostly because of the dog. It does grow in extreme heat but you have to keep the area watered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island