Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
No race is genetically smarter than another. But there are socio economic reasons why one group performs better than another.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 09:47 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Let me explain in a different way. There is no town where anyone,,black,white,yellow,whatever,,would be fearful to walk alone at night......I'd move there in a snap if I was white,black ect. Here's the difference,,on Long Island even the poor have an extremely solid school system and accessible 2 and 4 years colleges. There are poor people where ever one go's, it's better to be poor and on Long Island than anywhere else. Like Frank sang,, If you can't make it here you can't make it anywhere,,NY NY...

There's no town where anyone would be fearful to walk alone at night? Did you maybe phrase that wrong? Because I can name a bunch of towns you wouldn't catch me walking in at night.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:40 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
I'm responding to other poster regarding AP. I also don't assume anyone with a Latin surname is ESL. Top 10 may not mean AP.
I think generally speaking, the people ranked that high would be taking APs.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 PM

double post

Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Freeport is a tale of two cities in the school system.

The AP classes track is totally segregated from regular classes. I was shocked I went to a sweet 16 in Freeport once of a white honors student girl in AP classes in Freeport HS. She invited all her school mates who are also AP/Honors students. It could have been Rockville Centre or any other good school district.
Interesting. I never knew that. I just ASSumed Freeport HS was not recommended in general.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Yes, it just so happens that most people like this are white or Asian. I wonder why?
Not true. Come drive through North Valley Stream where most of the blacks in VS live. Houses are immaculately kept just like when the Jews and Italians lived there.

Valley Stream's Hispanic citizens are business owners and professionals across the board. They keep their houses well too. There are no illegal alien flophouses. No room here for that type of nonsense and they know it. I find it funny how whites on LI just assume all Hispanics are "problems" just by looking at them, yet the middle class and above ones have assimilated into American society fine.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Great Neck had much higher school ratings pre Asians. Back in the 1970s they used to blow out perfect SAT scores and half the school got into IVY league
LMAO! Isn't Great Neck where a kid got caught taking the SAT for other kids for money so they could have high scores on their records?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
LMAO! Isn't Great Neck where a kid got caught taking the SAT for other kids for money so they could have high scores on their records?
Its that entrepreneurial spirit at it's finest, who cares if it's legal or not! Another Bernie Madoff in the making...

Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
Quote:
It wasn't A kid, it was several kids.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Not true. Come drive through North Valley Stream where most of the blacks in VS live. Houses are immaculately kept just like when the Jews and Italians lived there.

Valley Stream's Hispanic citizens are business owners and professionals across the board. They keep their houses well too. There are no illegal alien flophouses. No room here for that type of nonsense and they know it. I find it funny how whites on LI just assume all Hispanics are "problems" just by looking at them, yet the middle class and above ones have assimilated into American society fine.
This is so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island