Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:15 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Long Beach. Huntington.
Stay away from Brooklyn or Queens. It's over rated.
It's all fages, hipsters, and poseurs. Nice to go hang out once in a blue moon but that's it.
I hate those yogurt-swilling hipsters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 04:16 PM

35 posts, read 37,705 times
If you get a car you can hit all the night life spots (just watch your drinking). I grew up in Queens and partied on Long Island and sometimes in Manhattan. Best of both worlds. My suggestion is stay clear of Brooklyn (as far as living there...it's over priced and over rated) and instead look at a place like Bayside in Queens. You're 20 minutes from Manhattan on the LIRR and you'll be closer to work in Woodbury when compared to Brooklyn.

And in Brooklyn you'll only see skinny, pasty heroin addicted women. Not attractive at all. Queens has all types of women. Sexy latinas, skinny Asians, hot Greeks, Italian guidettes...you name it. Then, if you get bored, you can hit the Island and hunt down regular white women.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM

148 posts, read 247,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCbornNbred72 View Post
If you get a car you can hit all the night life spots (just watch your drinking). I grew up in Queens and partied on Long Island and sometimes in Manhattan. Best of both worlds. My suggestion is stay clear of Brooklyn (as far as living there...it's over priced and over rated) and instead look at a place like Bayside in Queens. You're 20 minutes from Manhattan on the LIRR and you'll be closer to work in Woodbury when compared to Brooklyn.

And in Brooklyn you'll only see skinny, pasty heroin addicted women. Not attractive at all. Queens has all types of women. Sexy latinas, skinny Asians, hot Greeks, Italian guidettes...you name it. Then, if you get bored, you can hit the Island and hunt down regular white women.
How could you tell when they're on Heroin?

Im just curious, cause I'd not like to date a woman who takes Heroin.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:29 PM

33 posts, read 68,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
True, but thats also where the hot single girls are at. OP is a 21 y/o dude. Long Island youth scene is guidos and guidettes, nothing wrong with it if you are into that.
😂😂 Truth! I moved from Rego Park to Nassau County and find this to be 100% accurate. You definitely want the singles scene in NYC over LI! Astoria, Rego Park, Bayside, Forest Hills are all good areas for young, singles. I wouldn't touch BK because of the commute and traffic, at least 45 mins commute on a good day. Any of the previously mentioned places are close to the metro so you can get into Manhattan easy as well.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,906,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCbornNbred72 View Post

I wouldn't call guidettes "regular women". Regular women are in Westchester and CT.

On Long Island, the deeper you go: the uglier the women tend to get. But on the flip side, the deeper on LI you go: the better their personalities and attitudes tend to be.

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 04-21-2016 at 06:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island