Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 11:09 AM
gag gag started this thread

683 posts, read 1,421,847 times

Advertisements

I need to go to Columbia Hospital on 168th st. near GW Bridge. I usually stay in Bethpage extended stay. On a Tuesday morning , what would be the best way to go by car, ? TNB. Could also go LIE to QB up FDR drive to upper streets and over. I just have no idea about traffic nowadays. I have an 11am appt. If I have to, maybe Ill stay by Secaucus in NJ and take L T and HRD up if anyone thinks that's easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times
Grand Central to Triboro/RFK Bridge (or whatever they call it these days). follow signs on bridge to Manhattan - exit for Harlem River Drive (northbound) . Watch the traffic circle after toll - in at six , out at three for Harlem River Drive. Take northbound to I-95 south (GW Bridge) but exit BEFORE the GW onto Henry Hudson Pkwy South. Take that to exit 14 or 15, then Riverside Drive to W168 ST.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:29 AM
gag gag started this thread

683 posts, read 1,421,847 times
Ok, that looks like good too, thanks life.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:49 AM

27 posts, read 25,938 times
depends what time you leave, i used to work at columbia and drive everyday from bayside. I would take the TNB and take the cross bronx, but if i left anytime past 715am from queens it would take me longer than my usual 35 mins. its usually a toss up getting to that area accidents always happen. i started using waze app and would help me avoid headaches.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:14 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I need to go to Columbia Hospital on 168th st. near GW Bridge. I usually stay in Bethpage extended stay. On a Tuesday morning , what would be the best way to go by car, ? TNB. Could also go LIE to QB up FDR drive to upper streets and over. I just have no idea about traffic nowadays. I have an 11am appt. If I have to, maybe Ill stay by Secaucus in NJ and take L T and HRD up if anyone thinks that's easier.
Staying in NJ is better for driving. Otherwise the train is way faster with Am super express ones to Penn then the A goes basically super express to Columbia. LIE is a ****ty drive if you must drive do it from NJ as the traffic is much better.

There are bethpage nonstop trains to Penn. If you prefer I say stay in Secaucus if you don't want to use the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: