Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM

152 posts, read 177,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This bi*ch want to eliminate public schools. The Republicans want to send the kids to parochial schools where no science is taught so no global climate change will be taught. Brainwashing the kids early is great for the Republican Party. Careful what you wish for!
They do teach science class in christian schools and why do you thik they dont? It is not for republican party it is for all the children and it is so the children do have good values and what there partents what and can have. When they do go into the public schhool they cannot do prayer and sometimes the children cannot say christmas even and sometimes they do get exspelled.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:24 PM

731 posts, read 725,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprayer View Post
They do teach science class in christian schools and why do you thik they dont? It is not for republican party it is for all the children and it is so the children do have good values and what there partents what and can have. When they do go into the public schhool they cannot do prayer and sometimes the children cannot say christmas even and sometimes they do get exspelled.
It is clear you did not attend parochial school.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
It is clear you did not attend parochial school.
Yes I did go to it and why would you say this? I did also go to public school too but it was nbot at the same time.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:42 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
First thing that needs to be done is they need to make the teachers actually teach the kids.
Teachers do not teach anymore. All they do is present information to the kids and give them assignments. They DO NOT actually teach anything anymore aside from forcing some poor values and opinions down their throats.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:33 AM

731 posts, read 725,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
First thing that needs to be done is they need to make the teachers actually teach the kids.
Teachers do not teach anymore. All they do is present information to the kids and give them assignments. They DO NOT actually teach anything anymore aside from forcing some poor values and opinions down their throats.
This is not the fault of the teachers. They are required by the NYSED, the school district Bd of Ed and administration on what and how to teach regardless of their beliefs about how children should be educated. Failure to toe the line leads to disciplinary action often without full union support because the NEA and NYSUT are equally aboard with the NYSED theory of indoctrination. .

Old 02-07-2017, 10:56 AM

30 posts, read 25,171 times
She got confirmed. Another great pick by our wonderful President. He finally has people in place to drain the swamp. The Dept of Education is probably one of the most fetid swamps in DC.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:07 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuckeye View Post
I go to one of the largest colleges in the country. From my experience, the most leftist students by far are the charter school grads. DeVos only wants more enrollment in charter schools, so this "indoctrination" would only get worse.
ECPI is not a real college.....

Old 02-07-2017, 11:11 AM

The lady is probably good for the schools and many many people are happy about it. What do the long island people think and many are mad at the teachers? Do the people think it will help and now many children can go to better schools and to the christian schools?

Old 02-07-2017, 12:02 PM

481 posts, read 665,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprayer View Post
The lady is probably good for the schools and many many people are happy about it. What do the long island people think and many are mad at the teachers? Do the people think it will help and now many children can go to better schools and to the christian schools?
I can see good or bad with voucher system. However, that being said, I also believe in good teachers. If you do a google search on charter school in Pittsburgh or Detroit, most of them are the bottom of the pile. Test scores are low and since they don't have to follow federal laws, the quality of education is bad. Just think about why LI has so many decent schools? Yes, teachers makes a lot. But at the same time, turnover rate for teachers and principals are very very low. Charter school has high teacher turnover rate. How can we expect any kids to have quality education if all they have is inexperience teachers?

I think voucher system would destroy bad school districts. Now parents in Hempstead, Westbury, etc can go to private school if they can afford the difference. Which leaves the poor poor kids or special needs kids in those district struggle more. Think about those kids leave Westbury to go to private school, Westbury still need to pay the electricity and teachers.

In another word, we are shifting the federal funding to rich people's hands.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:58 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
It's officially twilight zone time. Thanks to these Jesus-freak wing nuts cloaked as "conservatives", for the first time in my life I will have to side with the teacher's unions! yikes! Strange days, indeed! In this case, the enemy of my enemy is NOT my friend. She's an imbecile who's only qualification is a giant bag of cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island