Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:20 AM

85 posts, read 75,797 times

Advertisements

So frustrated with Verizon Fios and their misleading advertising and bait and switch "upgrade" offers and their awful customer service.

Are their any other provider options that have high download AND upload speeds without crossing over to business plans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 12:03 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
What was misleading about them? How high of upload speeds are you looking for?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:17 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
There are two providers, Verizon and Optimum. If you think Verizon has bad customer service...

Old 03-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Paying bill and had an offer while logged in my account to upgrade to 300/300 for 99.00 a month. Currently have 100/100 and am paying 107/mo. When I click the upgrade button it says to call a Rep. Call Rep and they say that offer is not available and it costs more as a base price (taxes and fees aside). They can't give me a straight answer as to why they can't offer the advertised price and that it is a "glitch". I had to send them screenshots. Even now the offer is still in my account with contact a representative. Then the rep says since you are calling in we can't offer that price, it has to be done online.

I've had issues with Verizon in past, I've used to use them for mobile/Tv and internet and they keep jerking customers around. I've switched providers for mobile and for tv but having a hard time finding acceptable alternative for internet with high upload in addition to high download.

I don't have a problem paying, I have a problem paying for really crap customer service and knowing that you are getting jerked around and that they get away with all this nonsense. I also got hung up on- even while being realllllly calm and every phone call to them takes over 45 min of time. My time is valuable too, can I send them a bill for the hours I've spent just trying to clarify service and also upgrade?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
There are two providers, Verizon and Optimum. If you think Verizon has bad customer service...
Ive heard optimum is pretty bad too. So sad. I can't wait till google high speed makes its way around.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:54 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky76 View Post
Ive heard optimum is pretty bad too. So sad. I can't wait till google high speed makes its way around.
Unfortunately Verizon and optimum is pretty much it around here. I'd be frustrated too in your situation.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Unfortunately Verizon and optimum is pretty much it around here. I'd be frustrated too in your situation.
I haven't called optimum but I haven't been able to find anything with high upload speeds other than the $300/mo plan. I could also just be frustrated so not seeing clearly. I'll have to revisit tomorrow with a fresh perspective.

Thanks for the insight guys! Appreciate it

Old 03-05-2017, 01:53 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
I haven't called optimum but I haven't been able to find anything with high upload speeds other than the $300/mo plan. I could also just be frustrated so not seeing clearly. I'll have to revisit tomorrow with a fresh perspective.

Thanks for the insight guys! Appreciate it
Have you tried calling them back with a new customer rep? Sometimes you get a completely different answer.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Have you tried calling them back with a new customer rep? Sometimes you get a completely different answer.
5 different sales reps, 2 different managers and 6 hours of time spent. Smh left off with a supposed call from a regional manager that will take place tomorrow. We shall see...

I'm going to have my assistant look up filing complaints with the FTC and whoever else handles these type of issues. Not that it will do anything but I can't complain about it and not try and stand up against it.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:22 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
Quote:
Paying bill and had an offer while logged in my account to upgrade to 300/300 for 99.00 a month. Currently have 100/100 and am paying 107/mo. When I click the upgrade button it says to call a Rep. Call Rep and they say that offer is not available and it costs more as a base price (taxes and fees aside). They can't give me a straight answer as to why they can't offer the advertised price and that it is a "glitch". I had to send them screenshots. Even now the offer is still in my account with contact a representative. Then the rep says since you are calling in we can't offer that price, it has to be done online.

I've had issues with Verizon in past, I've used to use them for mobile/Tv and internet and they keep jerking customers around. I've switched providers for mobile and for tv but having a hard time finding acceptable alternative for internet with high upload in addition to high download.

I don't have a problem paying, I have a problem paying for really crap customer service and knowing that you are getting jerked around and that they get away with all this nonsense. I also got hung up on- even while being realllllly calm and every phone call to them takes over 45 min of time. My time is valuable too, can I send them a bill for the hours I've spent just trying to clarify service and also upgrade?
Are you on the Onebill program? They phased it out but grandfathered everyone that was in already. Unfortunately if you are, it's difficult to change plans. You would have to cancel Onebill first and lose that discount (which may or may not be worth it depending on your plan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island