Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 09:29 PM

24 posts, read 34,103 times

Advertisements

Lynbrook, U.S.A.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:56 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Glen Head and Seacliff are in the North Shore School District. This school district I believe includes not only Glen Head and Seacliff but also parts of Old Brookville/Brookville, Greenvale and Glen Gove. Perhaps another poster can confirm this.
Confirmed!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:41 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peconic525 View Post
Lynbrook, U.S.A.
Doesn't have much in terms of big houses, big lots that he wanted. Otherwise definitely yes. But you could arguably throw in VS-13 and VS-24 but I really don't think that's what the OP has in mind.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 798 times
I think Baldwin might fill the bill you described. We are a very diverse community, with lots of people from all over the world. No nonsense accepted, excellent music program, excellent physical education courses, which has led to some success with our athletic teams. Good luck to your friend!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:45 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyM15 View Post
I think Baldwin might fill the bill you described. We are a very diverse community, with lots of people from all over the world. No nonsense accepted, excellent music program, excellent physical education courses, which has led to some success with our athletic teams. Good luck to your friend!
I think what he wants is a place with plenty of wealthy people who live well but don't want to stick out and flash their $$$ around. North shore western Suffolk is perfect for that. VS, Lynbrook and Baldwin are wonderful middle class communities but for the most part they aren't for the BMW station wagon set if you know what I mean.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:47 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
I think what he wants is a place with plenty of wealthy people who live well but don't want to stick out and flash their $$$ around. North shore western Suffolk is perfect for that. VS, Lynbrook and Baldwin are wonderful middle class communities but for the most part they aren't for the BMW station wagon set if you know what I mean.
Right. And as I said, he won't find anything comparable on Long Island to most of TN. He's not looking for "diversity" or small tiny old homes found in Lynbrook and Baldwin. And everyone in TN has a Nissan, lol. They can be materialistic, but not showy. That would be in very bad taste. Rich kids can be spoiled, but they also do chores and will be outwardly polite. Totally different culture. To us, the kids there don't seem snooty or bratty, but it does exist, just that it's under the radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island