Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 01:11 PM

163 posts, read 204,959 times

Advertisements

Well we think the house we have is almost sold, can anyone tell me what its like to live in a Patchoque co op . We are coming from rural PA but ofcourse need great doctors like NY has Money is not the issue really ,it is more safety and are there drunks walking around

outside at nite? I would find that tough to deal with after living in beautiful nature so long ,,, except ofcourse with a real scarcity if not void of doctors , our children just informed us they like West Palm Beach FL.and in a year or two would like to move there I am the one who is becoming a grandma and would love to be near baby Any nice advise not sarcastic please as I am always nice helping you thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Patchogue has come a loooong way from the rathole it used to be.
It's pretty safe for the most part.
Some sketch here and there.
Downtown area has become very popular for shopping, dining, and nightlife and such so there may be drunks floating around but it's pretty much confined to that area.
Best and smartest thing to do is visit. Boots on the ground.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:38 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
It sounds like you might be following the kids down to Florida in a year or two. If that's the case, I would suggest that you rent rather then buy a co-op.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM

163 posts, read 204,959 times
yes we went last week for baby shower we are from LI originally I will go back again you are right we love shops but want to be safe and yes its hard to say what kids will do thats the hard part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island